Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's better: Tyler Grisham or Limas Sweed??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

Who's better: Tyler Grisham or Limas Sweed??

I have a riddle for every and all STEELER fans....

Tyler Grisham, a rookie WR from Clemson, played in the last 4 games and had 1 catch for 14 yards. In that game, he was targeted 2 times. That is his season's stats.

Limas Sweed, a 2nd year player out of Texas, had also 1 catch for 5 yards and was targeted 5 times throughout the season....

Grisham looks like he could be another Wes Welker ( small, quick gnat of a WR)

Sweed looks like a basket case, ton of physical ability, but is a head case. Cannot make a simple catch look anything but a juggling act....

Who will be with the team next year, how long will they be with the team, and who would you rather have?

fire away with the debate......
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    I have a riddle for every and all STEELER fans....

Tyler Grisham, a rookie WR from Clemson, played in the last 4 games and had 1 catch for 14 yards. In that game, he was targeted 2 times. That is his season's stats.

Limas Sweed, a 2nd year player out of Texas, had also 1 catch for 5 yards and was targeted 5 times throughout the season....

Grisham looks like he could be another Wes Welker ( small, quick gnat of a WR)

Sweed looks like a basket case, ton of physical ability, but is a head case. Cannot make a simple catch look anything but a juggling act....

Who will be with the team next year, how long will they be with the team, and who would you rather have?

fire away with the debate......
    They'll both be on the team next year; Sweed as the #4 and Grisham as the #5. I do believe it's Sweed last year to prove himself before he's cut.

sweed.

even if hes been a let down in the passing game so far he has shown the ability to get open and stretch the field....just because greshim is white doesnt make him wes welker.

and sweed is a dominate blocker which doenst hurt

Starter
    lol .. i think every white WR gets compared to welker regardless of style .. edelman (sp?) can play tho ..

you seem to have faith in sweed.. i refer to him as a homeless mans version braylon edwards, but is sort of a coping mechanism because i stayed with him up to the drop in the bengals game - i thought it was going to be different in '09 ... he needs to see a shrink and i don't mean that in an insulting way ..

Sweed by far. I loved the Sweed pick back then, and i still think the kid has huuuge potential. He has shown that he can get open, really well actually. He just need to catch that damn ball. I guess we`ll see. This is a do or die year for Sweed, so he better perform or he will be out of the league come 2011. Im still a believer tho. Its just hard for me to imagine that kind of talent fail 3 years in a row, but then again, it happens all the time in NFL.

Tyler Grisham has not showed anything either tho. He did catch one ball... Big deal.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

If Sweed has shown anything in the past 2 years, it's his ability to get open. Once he is able to pull his head out of his hind parts and catch the ball, he will be a threat. But this is definitely his last chance to demonstrate his worth or he will likely be this decade's version of Lee Mays.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok why is this question even being asked.......I don't care that Grisham has one catch for 14 yards with only being targeted two times and Sweed only had 1 catch for 5 yard with being targeted 5 times.....Both players really still have much to prove.....

I like what I seen out of Grisham during pre-season and his limited time during the season but its much to early to start comparing him to Wes Welker....lol The Steelers might have a diamond in the rough with Grisham but I want to see more then 1 catch during the season to start making retarded comparisons......

Sweed has been a disappointment so far for being a former second round pick.....But its way to early to declare him a bust or state that Grisham is better then him......Sweed has all the talent in the world to succeed but seems to be suffering from the mental part of the game....True he might never solve his mental woes but he also could turn it all around in 2010 and finally show why the Steelers spent a second round pick on him.....

Starter
    i loved sweed in the '08 draft, but i am not sure what evidence we have other than 2006 you tube highlights that show he is capable of playing in the NFL .. i mean, should he not have at least seen the field in his first two years? don't you almost think we are seeing why so many teams passed on him when he was at one point a top 20 prospect?

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    push... both r scrubs
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Why does every white wide receiver in the NFL have to be compared to Wes Welker?

Thread Information