Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Tell him he can be my Mike linebacker any day"

Bookmark and Share

"Tell him he can be my Mike linebacker any day"

Thompson said Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin spoke at Tennessee’s spring clinic, asked about McClain and asked Thompson to give McClain a message the next time they spoke.

"Tell him he can be my Mike linebacker any day."
    http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2009/12/rolando_mcclain_brandon_spikes.html

It's just something I stumbled upon...it's about 2 months old but it's still encouraging to know that Mike Tomlin really likes Rolando McClain...it gives me hope that if McClain falls to around 10, they might pull the trigger and trade up for him...

cant argue with that

Starter
    i've been waiting to post this .. from walterfootball:
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

I don't think the Jaguars will spend the No. 10 selection on Tebow. They can trade down to the 18-22 range (the Steelers would like Rolando McClain) and get him there. Or, they can trade this year's third-round pick and next year's second-round selection to obtain Tebow in Round 2.

thoughts?? i like it and i usually hate LB's in the 1st .. he has a football brain- perfectly capable of manning the control board imo

--- Added 2/8/2010 at 06:14 PM ---

thoughts on the steelers of course, screw tebow - he is truly horrible
    Last edited by andyg1984; 02-08-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Gold Standard
    I would be ecstatic if the Steelers moved up to get McClain! He is a stud and a future pro-bowler. Giving up a 3rd or 4th round pick to land a player of that caliber would be worth it! Hell, if we were lucky enough to nab McClain and Pouncey I would be ready to pull a Mike Ditka (Ricky Williams pick) and fold up the table and go home.

just kidding....

That would make this draft successful regardless of what came after that! IMO
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

calling it a day with mcclain and pouncey would be ok with me lol

mcclain is a sure thing, cant miss prospect, only a catastrophic injury would keep him from being great.

im sorry but i just CANT see tebow going in the first despite all the rumors

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    i could live with this... theres lots of potential DB help in the draft too, might get lucky and have one fall also...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    i could live with this... theres lots of potential DB help in the draft too, might get lucky and have one fall also...
    True and a little shopping in FA's could help on the field day one...Good stuff!

Thinking of James Harrison, Lawrence Timmons, Rolando McClain, and LaMarr Woodley just gives me chills...I would be ecstatic

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I would be ecstatic if the Steelers moved up to get McClain! He is a stud and a future pro-bowler. Giving up a 3rd or 4th round pick to land a player of that caliber would be worth it! Hell, if we were lucky enough to nab McClain and Pouncey I would be ready to pull a Mike Ditka (Ricky Williams pick) and fold up the table and go home.

just kidding....

That would make this draft successful regardless of what came after that! IMO
    They could switch 1's and give up a 4th or 5th that would be awesome. If the Steelers can Acquire additional 2nd round picks or a 2nd and a 3rd for say Casey Hampton traded to Tampa or KC. That would make my day. Having the additional 2nd round picks early would give us Pouncey and perhaps Myron Rolle or Nate Allen and a CB or Dt.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    They could switch 1's and give up a 4th or 5th that would be awesome. If the Steelers can Acquire additional 2nd round picks or a 2nd and a 3rd for say Casey Hampton traded to Tampa or KC. That would make my day. Having the additional 2nd round picks early would give us Pouncey and perhaps Myron Rolle or Nate Allen and a CB or Dt.
    Hampton will be a free agent so we can't trade him...even if the steelers resign him before the draft, they aren't going to trade him...that's not how they do things...and it would cost more than a 4th or 5th round pick to move up 7-8 spots...more like a 3 or a 3 and a 4...

Thread Information