Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WR Matt Jones to Sign with Bengals

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

WR Matt Jones to Sign with Bengals

ESPN’s Chris Mortenson is reporting that former Jacksonville Jaguars WR, Matt Jones, is going to sign with the Cincinnati Bengals.

It was reported yesterday that Jones worked out for both the Titans and the Bengals and that both had offered him contracts.

Last year, during training camp, as the Chiefs WR needs became apparent, many Chiefs fans were calling for the team to work out Jones.

The Bengals seem to be a destination for troubled players. Chiefs fans may remember a certain, Larry Johnson, being kicked out of town and landing in Cinci.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    fitting...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Where's Ktrain?????????????

Matt mutha f*ckin' Jones is back!

I heard Titans and Bengals both gave him offers
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Fight
    I heard it was Adam Jones on sportscenter. Never mind It's both Jones's. Wow Cincy is getting back to their old philosphy. Jail time required to play in Cincy.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

I heard they are bringing in Stallworth for a workout also.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    I heard they are bringing in Stallworth for a workout also.
    Why not he fits the mold,,
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Chatty
    Rrriiiiiiigghhhhttttttt...

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    Rrriiiiiiigghhhhttttttt...
    Its actually true. Stallworth, Pacman and Matt Jones have been talking with Bengals.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Even though free agency doesn’t begin until three weeks from Friday, the Bengals are looking to make a splash quickly, looking at two players with the last name of Jones who both have questionable pasts.
    The Bengals and Titans have both offered former Jaguars receiver Matt Jones a contract. According to The Tennessean, the Titans have been interested in Jones since last September while Jones visited with the Bengals this week.
    Things got even more interesting Thursday night when ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the team worked out cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones earlier in the day.
    Both players did not play last season, making them eligible to be signed before the beginning of free agency on March 5.
    Pacman Jones has a long history of off-the-field problems. He played only nine games with Dallas in 2008 and had 31 tackles and no interceptions. His season ended due to a neck injury but he was also suspended for four games earlier in the season for an altercation with a bodyguard. He was released by Dallas last February.
    He was suspended for the 2007 season after numerous off-the-field incidents during his two seasons with the Tennessee Titans, including the infamous NBA All-Star Weekend event in Las Vegas in 2007.
    Matt Jones’ offer is believed to be slightly above the league minimum of $630,000. He might have a better opportunity with the Bengals even both offers are for around the same amount. The Titans have a stable corps of receivers in Justin Gage, Nate Washington and Kenny Britt while the Bengals are lacking playmakers.
    The Bengals have Chad Ochocinco, who has campaigned the past two weeks to sign Terrell Owens, Laveranues Coles and Andre Caldwell, but Coles struggled last season, which puts his future, especially in an uncapped year, somewhat in doubt. They are also lacking a fourth receiver who can stretch the field following the death of Chris Henry.
    During his four seasons in Jacksonville, the former first-round pick did not live up to the potential that the Jaguars thought he had. His best season was in 2008, when he caught 65 passes for 761 yards and two touchdowns. His four-year totals are 166 catches for 2,153 yards with 15 TDs.
    Matt Jones played quarterback at the University of Arkansas but was converted to a receiver — at 6-foot-6 he makes for a big target who can run quick slant routes. But off-the-field problems have derailed his career.
    Matt Jones was released by Jacksonville last March after violating the terms of a plea deal. In the summer of 2008, he was arrested for felony possession of a controlled substance. Those charges, which were for possession of cocaine, were later dropped after he completed a drug program. The league did suspend Jones for three games in 2008 for violating the substance abuse policy.
    The team is also expected to have interest in former Cleveland receiver Donte Stallworth, who was released by the Browns on Monday after being reinstated by Commissioner Roger Goodell after the Super Bowl.
    Anyone else see the link here...
    -unknown

Thread Information