Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which one would you rather have?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Is it not conceivable that the Steelers could draft Bulaga and put him at LT.(can't convince me that he wouldn't be better than Starks on day one!) Move big Max to RT, then slide Colon to RG. I would then love them to draft a Center 2 or 3, but with Colon at RG, that would make Hartwig stomachable.
    It wont happen tho. If the coaches had liked Colon at G they would have played him there a long time ago.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

i like starks at guard lol, a mammoth guard

Q&A With Kevin Colbert
    Q. Do you buy into the notion that teams need to spend some high draft picks on offensive linemen?

A. It depends on the draft. Every draft is different. You never go into a draft saying you have to pick a player at a certain position. Our left tackle is a third-round pick, the left guard is a No. 6, the center was an undrafted rookie, the right guard a No. 3 pick and the right tackle a fourth-round pick. And we won (Super Bowl XLIII) with that group. You want high picks in every group, but that’s not going to happen, especially when you’re picking later as we have in the recent past.

whole article is pretty good:
    http://www.steelers.com/news/article...7-a349e395bae9

Theres 2 posistions i think we can get good value out of if we trade back... MLB (Spikes) and WR (Gilyard) We essentially be getting (IMO) at worst, the second best player at each posistion!!! Better than the 5th best tackle.

If we trade back with the right team we may get a 2nd or 3rd (more likely) rounder. Then we can get the quality corner (Warren or Robinson) and with that extra pick we can get a luxury guy (and RB) depth in a playmaker like McCluster.

If we got lucky and got a second rounder, imagine this 2 round draft:
    1: (Trade back) MLB- Brandon Spikes -or- WR Mardy Gilyard
    2a: CB-Donovan Warren -or- CB- Patrick Robinson
    2b: RB/WR/KR/PR Dexter McCluster

I'd Ruin my shorts!!!
    Last edited by steelcitysfinestXL; 02-18-2010 at 09:38 AM.

it depends who the 4th or 5th best tackle is....okung is most peoples #1 but i would not be shocked to see davis go over him. after that you have bulaga, but what if a team values what a freak campbell is over the steady play of bulaga? alot of teams are big fans of trent williams as well, he is a RT for the first few years at least but the niners have a huge hole at RT and i wouldnt be shocked if they took him because imo hes a cant miss RT.

if we trade back and get spikes and gilyard i would be ok with that but i think you guys are all too high on a 24 year old slow slot reciever...thats just how i feel. why not trade back for spikes and lafell if you want a wr?

warren in round 2 would make me a happy man though

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

if we trade back and get spikes and gilyard i would be ok with that but i think you guys are all too high on a 24 year old slow slot reciever...thats just how i feel. why not trade back for spikes and lafell if you want a wr?

I personally dont think he is slow! Yeah he may not put down a sub 4.4 at the combine... but he ran away from just about everyone in College. I would rather have us trade back for Spikes and pick up some of this talent that is going to be in the 2nd and third rounds of this draft!

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Do you think.....

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    it depends who the 4th or 5th best tackle is....okung is most peoples #1 but i would not be shocked to see davis go over him. after that you have bulaga, but what if a team values what a freak campbell is over the steady play of bulaga? alot of teams are big fans of trent williams as well, he is a RT for the first few years at least but the niners have a huge hole at RT and i wouldnt be shocked if they took him because imo hes a cant miss RT.

Train do you think Campbell is value at 18? Does he start year one at LT?

I would love Spikes anywhere from 18 or later. If we could trade back and pick up a 2or3 and draft him I would be good with that.

I like Gilyard and think he will be a good pro. That being said WR is the last position that Pittsburgh should be thinking(other than QB)

the combine will be the taylor mays and bruce campbell show...neither will disappoint. at 18 he has value but hes not what he need, he pretty developmental and even though he has NFL size he really doesnt look like a tackle, the man is a freak and looks more like a TE out there. hes a great pass blocker and would be a better fit for us than charles brown but i just dont know how i feel about him as a steeler. classic workout warrior but at LT, hes also an exotic one

Thread Information