Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which one would you rather have?

Bookmark and Share
    I think Earl Thomas is Eric Berry, with just one year less experience. I know Steelers would never trade far enough up to grab Berry, but if they should trade up i would love either McClain or Thomas. Im having a hard time figuring out who i would want the most though. Probably McClain i guess. A killer ILB is a most in our system - Look what Wilma did to colts in the SB.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

berry is alot more physical than thomas imo

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    berry is alot more physical than thomas imo
    I agree, but i don't always see that as the most important factor when talking about a safety. Look at Ryan Clark. He his physical into the extream, but that does not make him a good safety. Sure, with Berry's skills its a good thing, but its not a reason i would take Berry higher than Earl Thomas.

I do think Berry plays the run a lot better than Earl Thomas, but i dont think we would ask either of them to do that a lot for us, since we have Troy already who, imo, plays the run outstanding.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

exactly, both are ball hawks, both are terrific in coverage, both have good speed and both could easily play corner....berry is still far and away the better prospect but thomas is no slouch, we need a coverage FS anyway...we have two box safeties and thats not helping the secondary.

i hate clark, i love his crushes but other than that his game is weak

exactly, both are ball hawks, both are terrific in coverage, both have good speed and both could easily play corner....berry is still far and away the better prospect but thomas is no slouch, we need a coverage FS anyway...we have two box safeties and thats not helping the secondary.

i hate clark, i love his crushes but other than that his game is weak
    My point exactly. As for what we would ask either of them to do, i would not have Berry over Thomas - at least not with much. We could easily trade us to Thomas, Berry would cost so much. I still think if both McClain and Thomas fell to 11 or so, i wold go with McClain over Thomas, but both would kinda suck because i really want both..

i feel like we will fall in love with mcclain, but i think the giants are gonna make a push for him after letting pierce go.

ive come to terms that bulaga and davis probably wont be there, but i remain hopeful thomas will be

I guess giants will keep Osi now, but should they let him go too, there is no chance Giants will pick Earl Thomas. They would either trade for McClain or pick Sean Weatherspoon. Both picks would make a lot of sense for them. I am very afraid that Niners is going to take Earl Thomas at 17 though.

As for Bulaga or Davis, one of them could fall, but it wouldnt matter because we wouldnt pick any of them. WIth the big payday they gave Starks, they wont pick an OT in the first round. Just dont see it happen

if bulaga is there which i dont think he will be, and the steelers dont take him...ill turn in my steeler fan card, he would be by far the best player available at 18 unless someone PLUMMETS

giants should go DT or LB, hopefully they take dan williams cause i really dont want him. not that i dont think hes a good player, i just dont think hes a great fit

if bulaga is there which i dont think he will be, and the steelers dont take him...ill turn in my steeler fan card, he would be by far the best player available at 18 unless someone PLUMMETS

giants should go DT or LB, hopefully they take dan williams cause i really dont want him. not that i dont think hes a good player, i just dont think hes a great fit
    Luckely, i don't think Bulaga will fall that far after he owns the combine (which im very confident he will). Can't loose you as a Steeler fan I am just having a hard time figuring who they would replace with Bulaga should they draft him. They already think Colon is one of the best RT in the league, and they gave Starks lots of lots of cash. I would love them to cut Starks or trade him and then pickup Bulaga, but i just don't see it happen. The coaches see something in Starks that us normal human beings cant see.

you take the best player available, and if it is someone who can be the foundation of your oline for 9 years then for gods sake do it. i dont give 2 shits if they put bulaga in at RG as a rookie, he will make everyone better. they know the oline sucks, i dont get the denial....i thought the steelers FO was supposed to be the almighty and be what everyone else inspires to be. idiots

Thread Information