Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Tell him he can be my Mike linebacker any day"

Bookmark and Share
    Spikes at 18?! You kidding me?

Dude this guy is going really late in the first round at best. Probably early in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Spikes at 18?! You kidding me?

Dude this guy is going really late in the first round at best. Probably early in the 2nd.
    Your opinion... i would be cool with him at 18, but i think he can be had at 22. I would rather take Spikes at 18 than trade anything more than a 4th for McClain!

--- Added 2/16/2010 at 03:37 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i would have no problems with spikes at 18....everyone is down on him at the moment because of timed speed but he was considered a top 10 sure fire pick a few months ago....while i agree mcclain has established himself as #1, after him and spikes theres a huge drop off as far as 34 MLBs go
    Yeah, Spikes is a guy who's measurables are gonna cost him some $$$. Watching his film, though, he is pretty damn fast for his size! And after him, if it even is Shawn Lee, is a MASSIVE drop off!

Starter
    [QUOTE=steelcitysfinestXL;334249] McClain is an arm tackler who likes to twist and throw a player to the ground. Spikes drives through the man and gets his head across the mans body like a form tackler should.
    QUOTE]

you bring up a good point, i used to think McClain was superior, but one of my buddies who is a gator fan brought up the same point and i have to say it is true on tackling ability hands down - no question- plus spikes seems to fit the 3-4 better than McClain .. could McClain be Curry and Spikes be Rey Mal? Don't get me wrong, whoever gets McClain is going to have an outstanding athlete, leader and football player- but he would probably not last very long in the theoretical octagan w/ spikes ...

i like spikes or cody in a trade back to the early to mid twenties .. but i like cody more because of the scarcity of guys like Cody relative to those like spikes - it seems every year solid ILB's come out that are decent value based on where we pick

i thought the chargers were gonna take maualuga at 18 last year...he MAY fall but spikes is pretty comparable to farrior and farrior was a first round pick too....hes not willis, but just a tier below and after that you can get solid starters (ala jasper brinkley) in the 5th round, which i think we could get in micah johnson also. but spikes can ball

Starter
    yeah, i have been interested in micah johnson - a little bit of an injury risk, but if not for that imo he would make a case as an early 3rd rounder simply because he would be the only guy in that 2nd tier of MLB's ... supposedly was a beast in hsfb

another LB who I am coming back around to is George Selvie .. i went through phases of thinking selvie was a 1st round pick to thinking he would be too tweener for any good, but now i am back on board big time ... obviously not in the 1st lol, but in the long run i think he makes a strong case for the 3rd round..

If be happy with George selvie in the 3rd...the guy is a beast...he's a tweener, the kind of guy the steelers like...

Thread Information