Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News Jerome Bettis father dies of a heart attack...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

Breaking News Jerome Bettis father dies of a heart attack...

I just heard it across the wire on espn news. Boy if the news couldnt get any worse on the Steelers front and now this. I know we have had some issues with Jerome but we all know how much his parents meant to him in his quest to be a world champion in particular his father. Just a very very sad sad story will certainly keep you in our thoughts Bussy all the best to you.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/10415552/detail.html
    WEST BLOOMFIELD, Mich. -- Jerome Bettis' agent has confirmed to Channel 11 News that Johnnie Bettis has died.

The father of the former Steeler and current NFL broadcaster died suddenly on Tuesday.

Police said Johnnie Bettis was found slumped over the wheel of his car near his home in West Bloomfield, Mich.

A nurse and doctor stopped to help.

They tried to revive Johnnie Bettis but were unsuccessful.

It is suspected that Johnnie Bettis died of a heart attack.

The official cause of his death is not yet known.
    What a sad day for the Steelers and especially for Jerome and his family.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That is just terrible. His entirely family is very close and they all came to all of his home games. Im sure he is devestated by this. My heart goes out to the Bus and his family.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    My heart goes out to the entire Bettis family. We all know Jerome Bettis was one of the most classy persons to ever play in the NFL. His parents played a big role in that.

R.I.P. Papa Bus

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    What a shame. Very classy family. My heart goes out the the Bettis family.

House of Steel
    I shedded some tears, MAN!!! This hurts more than I can remember. He is a great father and Jerome has been very blessed to have a father like him. Bussy and his family will forever be in my prayers as well as the Steelers Organization. Very Sad day for Pittsburgh, Detroit, and the Bettis Family. God Bless You, Bus! Rest in Peace, Papa Bus. (Sniffs)

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the Bettis family.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    wow, that's sucks, my thoughts and prayers go out to bettis and his family
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    At least Johnnie Bettis had the opportunity and chance to see his son win a championship and go out on top before he passed away which is something they can never take a way from him. He was dedicated to never missing a game Jerome played in his 13 year career and always wanted to see his son win a Super Bow and succeedl which he was able to do before he sadly passed away today. They recently did an interview with Johnnie and Gladys Bettis and they still said they never miss a Steelers game on TV so far this year. Just a very very sad sad story and a huge huge loss to the great Steelers family. Ill be at the game Sunday against Tampa Bay and Im going to assume they will do a moment of silence for Jerome's father. I wouldnt expect anything less from the most classy organization in the National Football League.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    At least Johnnie Bettis had the opportunity and chance to see his son win a championship and go out on top before he passed away which is something they can never take a way from him. He was dedicated to never missing a game Jerome played in his 13 year career and always wanted to see his son win a Super Bow and succeedl which he was able to do before he sadly passed away today. They recently did an interview with Johnnie and Gladys Bettis and they still said they never miss a Steelers game on TV so far this year. Just a very very sad sad story and a huge huge loss to the great Steelers family. Ill be at the game Sunday against Tampa Bay and Im going to assume they will do a moment of silence for Jerome's father. I wouldnt expect anything less from the most classy organization in the National Football League.
    My thoughts exactly Troy. I couldn't have said it better.

Thread Information