Thread: Homemade Potato Soup

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel

Homemade Potato Soup

Homemade Potato Soup

Ingredients -
    3 cups peeled, chopped Potatoes
    1 cup Water
    1/2 cup Celery slices
    1/2 cup Carrots, sliced
    1/4 cup chopped Onion
    1 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
    1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    1 1/2 cup Milk
    1 tablespoon Flour
    1/2 pound American Cheese, diced

Preparation:
    In a large saucepan combine potatoes, water, celery, carrots, onion, parsley flakes, bouillon cube and seasoning. Mix well, cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add milk to flour, mixing until well blended. Add milk mixture to vegetables; cook until thickened. Add cheese and stir until melted. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Banned Snake Champion
    My Mood
    Smokin
    thanks Ohio...sounds good..have been wanting to make potato soup...

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersgal86 View Post
    thanks Ohio...sounds good..have been wanting to make potato soup...
    welcome

I love potato soup . I have my own way of making it , but no matter how you make potato soup it always seems to be awesome .

Any kind of rope sausage you like .
    Brown and fry in the same pot you will make the soup in .In the mean time while the sausage is cooking , peel and dice potatoes into as big of chunks as you like .
    When the sausage is finished , remove it from the pot , and add as much water to cover the amount of potatoes that you chunked up . Maybe an inch above the potatoes.
    Cut onions, (green i like ). You can use leeks also . Chop carrots if you like and celery too . I like fresh parsly at the end before you serve the soup . Add all of the ingredients you have chopped (except parsely ) with the potatoes ,boil about 5-10 min . (give or take)
    Slice sausage in thin or thick as you like slices , and add to the mixture . When the potatoes,And whatever you added are as done as you would like , add , never drain the water ,one half pint of heavy cream , one can of evaporated milk (not sweetened),salt and pepper too taste , and the biggest chunk of butter you can stand . I like a whole quarter cause i aint afraid . And i make a big ole pot when i do it . Do not boil after you have added the cream . Remove from the heat and add your chopped parsely and enjoy .
    Last edited by Gettysburgh_Steel; 04-27-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Banned Snake Champion
    My Mood
    Smokin
    sounds good....i put in dumplings also

SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar
    I love potato soup . I have my own way of making it , but no matter how you make potato soup it always seems to be awesome .

Any kind of rope sausage you like .
    Brown and fry in the same pot you will make the soup in .In the mean time while the sausage is cooking , peel and dice potatoes into as big of chunks as you like .
    When the sausage is finished , remove it from the pot , and add as much water to cover the amount of potatoes that you chunked up . Maybe an inch above the potatoes.
    Cut onions, (green i like ). You can use leeks also . Chop carrots if you like and celery too . I like fresh parsly at the end before you serve the soup . Add all of the ingredients you have chopped (except parsely ) with the potatoes ,boil about 5-10 min . (give or take)
    Slice sausage in thin or thick as you like slices , and add to the mixture . When the potatoes,And whatever you added are as done as you would like , add , never drain the water ,one half pint of heavy cream , one can of evaporated milk (not sweetened),salt and pepper too taste , and the biggest chunk of butter you can stand . I like a whole quarter cause i aint afraid . And i make a big ole pot when i do it . Do not boil after you have added the cream . Remove from the heat and add your chopped parsely and enjoy .
    Gonna try that tomorrow

Thread Information