Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE draft Brian Bulaga!

Bookmark and Share
    Id agree with any of those picks. No one has really talked much about Jared Odrick, but with all this 'instill youth in the d-line' is he a legitimate pick at #18?

Gold Standard
    Unlike most here who are already calling Hood a "bust" I disagree. Hood showed a lot of progress last year considering the very limited playing time he received. I believe he is on par with any other 3-4 DE drafted last year. With a guy like Brett Kiesel who took 6 years to crack the starting line-up, how can you not see that his shelf life is almost over. Hood will take Kiesels job if not this year then next. The more urgent need on the D-line is NT because of Hamptons contract issues. Without a dominant NT the 3-4 defense just doesn't work.

The O-line is still the biggest need on this team. We have a group of late round picks and undrafted free agents and it shows. If we gave the O-line the first two picks in this draft it could anchor this line for the next decade.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    O-line - collection of rejects
    but true...

Hood wasnt a sexy pick, but i think he will be fine. Not a Aaron Smith but perhaps eventually a Keisel maybe.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    We all need to stop asking for a OL in the 1st rd. The past 3 years we've been begging for a stud OL and end up getting the exact opposite. Soooo we need to quit jinxing ourselves and start asking for a kicker in the 1st rd.

PS. would love to have Bulaga or Davis in the 1st rd.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Ratbirds

I love the hate for Ziggy...

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    but true...

Hood wasnt a sexy pick, but i think he will be fine. Not a Aaron Smith but perhaps eventually a Keisel maybe.
    Obviously not from you, but it kills me to see so many write him off as a waste after only one year. He will be better than Keisel, and has the talent to be as good(although not the same kind)a player as Smith.

even AQ shipley could blow hood off the ball.

hood is a terrible 34 end and will always be one....one game with a lucky sack and a fumble recovery that fell into his arms doesnt show promise. he would be a decent interior pass rusher on a 4 man line and thats what he will be for us until his contract runs out which will be a great day. he will spend his steeler career as a 3rd down pass rushing interior lineman

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

hood is a terrible 34 end and will always be one....one game with a lucky sack and a fumble recovery that fell into his arms doesnt show promise. he would be a decent interior pass rusher on a 4 man line and thats what he will be for us until his contract runs out which will be a great day. he will spend his steeler career as a 3rd down pass rushing interior lineman
    I think I'm gonna trust the Steelers FO and coaching staff more than you. If he sucks after year three, you can say I told you so.

go ahead...trust them. im sorry to inform you they are not the all mighty, theyve let you down before and they will again...it happens. with all the success the steelers have had there have been substantial failures on their resume. its a hard reality and with 2 superbowls in the last few years alot of fans like you will think they are the best ever...but thats to be expected

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    I think I'm gonna trust the Steelers FO and coaching staff more than you. If he sucks after year three, you can say I told you so.
    good point... 2009 need 1-2 years still...

who are we still waiting for to improve and start from the 2007 and 2008 draft?
    this is where we need to look for answers.

1. Sweed #2 pick
    2. ???

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

As good as you are at judging talent (IMO atleast) i guess your pride still out shines your knowledge! Im not callin you out or tryin to be a "internet tough guy"... i know early you hated the Hood pick (understandably) but what did you see that still has you so down on him!?!?! I think he did well (maybe even slighly exceeded expectation) with limited oppurtunity and has ALOT of promise! Whats the deal K!?!?

--- Added 2/8/2010 at 08:57 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    good point... 2009 need 1-2 years still...

who are we still waiting for to improve and start from the 2007 and 2008 draft?
    this is where we need to look for answers.

1. Sweed #2 pick
    2. ???
    Ahhh, how bout the number one overall pick in '07? Yeah he is starting (out of need not ability and out of position) and yeah he flashes some brilliance (not nearly enough) but, he is VERY inconsistant and usually out of position! Do i think he will be good... OF COARSE! He's a freakish athelete, that hits like a truck! But his run reckognition, ability to tackle in traffic, and ability to shed interior OL blocks is PITYFUL!!! His Pass rush skills and eye for stripping the ball are PHENOMINAL!

Timmons should go back and watch Jonathan Vilma make plays at the L.O.S. and in the backfield on a consistant basis last night!!!

Thread Information