Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Senior Bowl: Risers and Fallers

Bookmark and Share
    Lol manningham already? He had one half of a good season. Nicks is the real deal though, loved him out of...NC(?) last year.

manningham has some dropsies but hes always a quick WR and never did i say he was great....i dont think steve smith is great either but for a 3rd WR manningham is a good player and all i was saying was it wouldnt shock me to see the cowboys use their first pick on a corner despite just using one on jenkins 2 years ago....is that ok with you?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i like robinsons upside, he wouldnt make an impact anywhere his rookie year, hes a 4th CB/STer his rookie year no matter where he goes because hes pretty raw....but that being said hes got great speed and is explosive and his hips and ability to change directions is like DRCs was a few years ago, just very smooth.

i think he would mirror a bryant mcfadden pick by us, same school, similar abilites but even faster. hes probably the only player on the planet to chase noel devine down from behind.

i think he will go higher than we pick in the second though, i could see the cowboys taking him in the first at 27 since newman is becoming less effective and he could play 4th WR without a problem his rookie year....with nicks, smith, manningham, jackson, maclin, and some skins wrs with alot of potential the cowboys might want to sure up their CBs a little more
    I agree with you 100% and have been saying that since i saw him play against WVU! To add: Robinson is physical, a sure tackler in the run and in coverage, good hitter for a corner and goes from back pedal to foward sprint like NOW! Combine that with good insticts and a guy who has played WR with great hands and you have a great pick up in the second round! I like the B-Mac comparison although i think he has more speed!
    I
    also think with what we saw in the playoffs Dallas should and may go Oline early. Just a hunch but they are aging up front and not very effective with 3 stud runningbacks and a young QB. I see them going Oline or WR 1st pick... just my

Starter
    robinson a physical player? there is a ton of evidence prior to the gator bowl that robinson is a project as k pointed out .. watch his games vs Miami, UF and last but certainly least Jacksonville State .. riley cooper is slow and unathletic imo and still got the better of Robinson on many plays.. to say that he is inconsistent is generous, but a developed player of his style may play well with ike imo ...

anyways, no Andre Roberts on the risers??? i don't like to use the word, but he looked natural at WR ..

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    manningham has some dropsies but hes always a quick WR and never did i say he was great....i dont think steve smith is great either but for a 3rd WR manningham is a good player and all i was saying was it wouldnt shock me to see the cowboys use their first pick on a corner despite just using one on jenkins 2 years ago....is that ok with you?
    Ha, sure I just thought Manningham was an interesting name to throw out there.

As per the above post, Riley Cooper is the farthest thing from unathletic, he choose football over baseball after being drafted into the MLB like a lot of other college players. He's a projected 4.5 guy but he thinks everyone has him too high and people close to him say hes more a 4.4 guy but we'll see. He was getting separation on everybody at the senior bowl practices.
    Last edited by Silverback; 02-05-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: additional info

Starter
    look i know about cooper, he sucks at basball and is good enough to be drafted as a WR and that is it .. by unathletic i mean easy to cover

as for the for the senior bowl, this is from walterfootball:

Florida WR Riley Cooper had a real hard time getting off the line versus the jam.

he is another gator bust, look at his style - that is easy to cover ..

WR's that are his size and the speed you are referring to are obviously a rare commodity, if he was a solid football player he would be a first round prospect .. i would rather have andre roberts type WR ...speaking of which , what does everyone think about roberts??
    Last edited by andyg1984; 02-05-2010 at 04:46 PM.

robinson is a very fast corner, he just may take a year to be a reasonable player on the field....but drafting him on his potential is not the worst idea for a team like dallas that has newman with at least another year or two of effectiveness. dallas is in love with iupati but he wont be there, but bruce campbell may be there and they would take him....however if he does run a 4.9 and shows hes a master pass blocker he may very well go high in the first despite sucking.

cooper sucks, a gator failure not named percy harvin who was special....every other florida WR...the curse is true

Thread Information