Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl: Risers and Fallers

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    i definitely understand about the bigger guys we have on the shelf so to speak, but i think that at the end of the day blount will be a much better pro RB than all those backs and if he is there in the fifth it will be difficult, imo, to find guys in that round who will be able to contribute like he can regardless of position ...

schofield in the 6th and blount in the fifth would earn some value points ..

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    You are ready to declare the 2009 draft a complete bust! Hood is crap, Lewis and Burnett couldn't cover anyone, Summers won't be on an NFL roster in 2010 and neither will Urbik. I am willing to give them more than one season to see if they are a complete bust. Three years is a fair evaluation. I'm willing to concede that 2/3 of these players won't pan out, but I'm also not ready to give up on the entire draft.
    we should just trade all this years 3-7th round draft picks for one #2 pick..

you forgot redman

last year was a terrible draft.....the drafted hood to play out of position and they reached for him, the drafted urbik WAY to high and i never would have even drafted him. Shipley was probably the worst pick out of all of them, but then summers really makes a case for that too. Burnett was the only player in the top 10 in PR and KR and could do neither last year, lewis is big and physical but so slow and hurt all the time....davis johnson is ok

Mike wallace is pure stud through and through

I still hold some hope for Lewis and Burnett. I liked them both quite a bit as prospects, and they both flashed in their own ways during the preseason.

As we all know Mike Wallace was a good pick, and David Johnson wasn't bad for a 7th rounder.

The hell with the rest of the picks though.

out of all of them the CB have the most hope, i agree

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    out of all of them the CB have the most hope, i agree
    I thought Lewis was the better of the two, and I felt like he was a little bit of a steal at the time. But so far it appears Burnett has the edge from the coaching staff. Hopefully they both pan out.

i like burnett cause hes scrappy, he does make up for his lack of size with some pretty tight coverage...really i think he can be a very good NB. Lewis has always been a FS to me, and not even a good one but he gets compared to ike by the coaches and players but realistically hes not anywhere near as fast as ike, maybe from a physicality stand point he can draw that comparison but not in coverage as far as ive seen. burnett is also pretty solid on ST coverage and kick units...pretty sure he blocked a kick this year right?

I do think gay is still the better option of the 3, gay was picked on this year but hes really not as terrible as everyone makes him out to be the entire defense was in shambles without troy and smith. im hoping they can land a guy like robinson or ghee in the second....i think haden and wilson are the first round guys and robinson, ghee and cox will go in round 2....im not sure how i feel about cox though

Starter
    what don't you like about cox? is it more of a physical or charachter thing?

kind of curious why you like robinson also ...

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Lets see after three years....

how this draft class pans out. I don't think I will call it all a bust or a waste or whatever until that time. Lewis was injured, he deserves to be evaluated on the field as well as Burnett. You can't call a 7th round pick a bust, they rarely make an impact anyway. I think Hood can have a good impact on D.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    what don't you like about cox? is it more of a physical or charachter thing?

kind of curious why you like robinson also ...
    i like robinsons upside, he wouldnt make an impact anywhere his rookie year, hes a 4th CB/STer his rookie year no matter where he goes because hes pretty raw....but that being said hes got great speed and is explosive and his hips and ability to change directions is like DRCs was a few years ago, just very smooth.

i think he would mirror a bryant mcfadden pick by us, same school, similar abilites but even faster. hes probably the only player on the planet to chase noel devine down from behind.

i think he will go higher than we pick in the second though, i could see the cowboys taking him in the first at 27 since newman is becoming less effective and he could play 4th WR without a problem his rookie year....with nicks, smith, manningham, jackson, maclin, and some skins wrs with alot of potential the cowboys might want to sure up their CBs a little more

Thread Information