Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Graham Dominates

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Brandon Graham Dominates

Anyone else watch the senior bowl? If you did you couldn't have missed the performance put in by Brandon Graham who ended up as the games MVP. The dude looks like the next Lamar Woodley. He plays DE but easily converts to a 3-4 OLB. Incredibly strong and fast he was giving the tackles fits. I would have to add this guy to the list of players I would love to see in black and gold.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Anyone else watch the senior bowl? If you did you couldn't have missed the performance put in by Brandon Graham who ended up as the games MVP. The dude looks like the next Lamar Woodley. He plays DE but easily converts to a 3-4 OLB. Incredibly strong and fast he was giving the tackles fits. I would have to add this guy to the list of players I would love to see in black and gold.

He was on my list before the Senior Bowl.......But I was hoping we would be able to get him in the second round like we did Woodley.......But after this performance and the combine I'm sure Graham has moved into the late first round......

This is my stance on the first round after Thomas, Bulaga, and Davis I would prefer the Steelers to trade down if those three are gone......So either Graham or Pouncey would be fine with me with a trade down......

I love Graham too, but what would we do with him? I'm all for adding depth, but with the 18th overall pick I think they need to land a guy who can start within 2 years. It would be a different case if they didn't throw away a high pick on Lawrence Timmons, and then throw away their first round pick on Ziggy Hood. Mark my words, Hood will make fewer than 15 career starts as a Steeler unless they switch to a Tampa 2.

Dan Williams right now is probably the most probable pick, if he's even still there. I wouldn't rule out the possibility the Steelers could trade up for Williams.
    Last edited by darnik44; 01-31-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Waterboy
    I couldn't disagree with you more darnik. Hood flashed some really nice skills when he was on the field this year. He is fine at DE in a 3-4 and he will at least double your projected starts.

Timmons is a splash play guy and Tomlin loves those guys. I think he was miscast in Footes spot though and should really be playing Farriors spot. I don't believe that he is the type of guy to stick his nose in the pile but I don't think he can wreak havoc in coverage and blitz.

I watched the senior bowl and liked what I saw of Dan Williams but he was seen as an early second round guy before it and I don't think he gained much on that at the senior bowl. One game will not move a guy from 2nd round to high first round grades on most team boards. Al Davis does that but he is in the minority.

The Steelers will either trade down or go BPA for the first round. This team caught the injury bug this year at several key positions because of age. They can afford to take any level of the Defense, Offensive Line or even RB in round 1 this year. I prefer they trade down and pickup an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. The Defensive talent in this draft is really good and we should try to get as many picks in the first 3 rounds as possible.

Gold Standard
    Graham is a guy who could begin taking reps with the starters from day one. Farrior is how old (35)? You could bring Harrison inside and put Graham on the field opposite Woodley. Our depth at linebacker sucks. Except for Fox I'm not comfortable with anybody else taking reps with the starting defense in a game. I am not hoping we draft Graham. He is probably 4 or 5th on my wish list. I still want a Bulaga/Davis in the first and a Pouncey in the second. We need to fix an offensive line that can't come through on those third and fourth and inches. We can no longer take the air out of the ball with a lead because of our inability to sustain drives through a running game. That needs to be fixed FIRST!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Graham is a guy who could begin taking reps with the starters from day one. Farrior is how old (35)? You could bring Harrison inside and put Graham on the field opposite Woodley. Our depth at linebacker sucks. Except for Fox I'm not comfortable with anybody else taking reps with the starting defense in a game. I am not hoping we draft Graham. He is probably 4 or 5th on my wish list. I still want a Bulaga/Davis in the first and a Pouncey in the second. We need to fix an offensive line that can't come through on those third and fourth and inches. We can no longer take the air out of the ball with a lead because of our inability to sustain drives through a running game. That needs to be fixed FIRST!

You can never have enough pass rushers period.....Plus if Harrison or Woodley go down for any period of time then this team would be screwed....So I wouldn't complain if Graham was drafted....

I'm with you on Bulaga and Davis.....I also wouldn't object to Bruce Campbell either....great name by the name.....

Pouncey won't be there when we pick in the 2nd....I think he will be drafted in late first round and he will be better then Wood or Mack from last years class......

Gold Standard
    Just since starting this thread Scout.com has moved Graham from 25th overall to 15th. You might say his play at the senior bowl has helped him immensely!

Looks like Graham could be this years B.J. Raji or Amobi Akoye (guys whose play at the senior bowl helped propel their stock in the draft)
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 01-31-2010 at 02:40 PM.

So you would take one of the leagues elite pass rushers and line him up at ILB?

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    So you would take one of the leagues elite pass rushers and line him up at ILB?

You betcha. Have you seen how effective Farrior is on blitzes? You could call him the invisible man when he blitzes. Do you want to argue that our depth at linebacker is non-existent? Is that a good thing or a bad thing in a 3-4 scheme? Just checkin.

harrison is kind of old so i wouldnt have a problem with graham.

i agree with you on hood he will be known as an immense failure.

i would ****ing hate the dan williams pick at this time

Thread Information