Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Wilson

Bookmark and Share

Kyle Wilson

Just from some brief Senior Bowl viewing and internet searches is seems the guy is making a name for himself this week in Alabama. I can't say I ever saw him in the BCS, probably because he played in the WAC, but as a team in immediate need for secondary help how does SA feel about him? I think hes a projected 2nd or 3rd round guy, probably closer to 2nd with the week he had though. So I was just wondering how do you draft guys feel about him in the Steelers scheme, and where he has value for us if at all.

Kyle Wilson is a good looking CB prospect. I personally really like him. Coming into the Senior Bowl I had him as my 4th rated CB (Joe Haden, Donovan Warren, Perrish Cox) and 55th overall. When I edit my rankings I will probably move Wilson ahead of Cox, but I'm split on Wilson and Donovan Warren for the 2nd spot. Warren is a much more physical corner and is much better against the run. I will definetly be moving Wilson up from 55th overall into the 40 something range. The way I see it, he could get drafted as high as 18th, or as low as 39th.

I would be in favor of the Steelers trading down, possibly with New England (they have 3 2nd round picks) to 22nd overall and drafting Wilson there.

Ideally they would take Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee (22nd), Wilson, Warren, Cox, or Devin McCourty (48th), Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida (52nd), and then T.J. Ward, FS, Oregon (82nd).

That would be a solid draft.

i have always like wilson, real hard worker and very smooth....i love warren this year though. Haden, warren, wilson, cox, robinson

if we could get pouncey and warren in the second it would completely make up for getting williams which would **** me off initially. not as much as evander did though

Mayock has his stock rising

Mayock has him rated #2 now. At 18 I think the Steelers will have lots of options. I like the Williams pick too.

I really like the idea of trading down and trying to land another quality player though.

I am trying to figure out what the other 34 teams will do.

After watching the Senior Bowl practices and game, I convinced Dan Williams is a highly probable first round pick for the Steelers. I don't see another player expected to be available at #18 who is a better fit from a need/value/potential standpoint.

So this means Tomlin nixes that and goes with some undersized player.

do you not value cody at 18? he really cant be moved in the middle...they try, they fail. might not be the most chiseled athlete but hes perfect for what he needs to do.

i just dont like williams as a NT, teams that run a 43 should be excited about him though. cody would MAYBE make evander hood somewhat effective, im not sure dan williams would do the same, there would be youth on the dline but they wouldnt complement each other as well as cody would imo

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    do you not value cody at 18? he really cant be moved in the middle...they try, they fail. might not be the most chiseled athlete but hes perfect for what he needs to do.

i just dont like williams as a NT, teams that run a 43 should be excited about him though. cody would MAYBE make evander hood somewhat effective, im not sure dan williams would do the same, there would be youth on the dline but they wouldnt complement each other as well as cody would imo
    Well, Williams would probably have to bulk up a little (its odd to say that about a 325ish guy), but again - Cody would probably have to loose some weight too, so you don't get the complete package in either of them. I do, however, think Williams has more talent that Cody. Cody is just big and strong, which i know is what you ask a NT to be, but it would not hurt that the guy could get to the QB once in a while.

I would not be mad at either, but i don't see any of them with great value at 18. They should be late first rounders...
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

the thing is he might be able to get to the QB if there wasnt 3 guys trying to stop him....he eats space, alot of space and is powerful....not versatile at all but you could have a NT like cody that takes up 2 linemen and a back to block and allows guys like timmons to rip through or you can have a guy like williams who will get 1 or 2 blockers, usually probbaly 2 but might get an arm around the QB every now and then. give me the space eater, cody is not just big and fat, hes powerful and a good football player

Starter
    imo cody is the man ...i understand about Williams being projected to be a more complete player, but to a certain extent don't many of these all-around DT's come through the draft practically every year when walls like cody only come once every few?

if there is no stud LT, Earl Thomas or McClain I think you can make a case for taking Cody at 18 if you cannot get much value for trading back .. if he is your guy, bite the bullet and take him because in those few spots you trade back another 3-4 team could easily grab and then we come away with somebody like spikes (please not) who imo is like williams insofar as we see these types of players every year
    Last edited by andyg1984; 02-01-2010 at 09:57 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    no way on cody (id rather have taylor mays, lmao)

but its gotta be narrowing to Willams, ET, OL (best availble) or CB (best avail)...

(spikes or mcClain too, if one of them slips)
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information