Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Graham Dominates

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Just since starting this thread Scout.com has moved Graham from 25th overall to 15th. You might say his play at the senior bowl has helped him immensely!

Looks like Graham could be this years B.J. Raji or Amobi Akoye (guys whose play at the senior bowl helped propel their stock in the draft)
    We will have great options to pick from at #18 its an easy pick...

the #52 spot is the real important one that will make our draft for 2010 really great with a good pick.

You betcha. Have you seen how effective Farrior is on blitzes? You could call him the invisible man when he blitzes. Do you want to argue that our depth at linebacker is non-existent? Is that a good thing or a bad thing in a 3-4 scheme? Just checkin.
    It's nice when your ILB is able to blitz (the 2 or 3 times per game it's called), but the whole premise of the 3-4 is built around pass rushing OLB's. You would take the leagues 2nd best (at worst, and 1 season removed for being defensive player of the year) 3-4 OLB and move him inside to make a place for an untested rookie.

Well that won't happen.

What could happen is a switch to the Tampa 2 though. If that happens or is the plan in the near future, Graham is a possibility. I'd be cool with Woodley and Graham as the DE's in a Tampa 2. Both would probably be at their best with their hand in the ground.

--- Added 2/1/2010 at 05:34 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    harrison is kind of old so i wouldnt have a problem with graham.

i agree with you on hood he will be known as an immense failure.

i would ****ing hate the dan williams pick at this time
    I really don't understand why and how you couldn't like Dan Williams. I was sort of iffy when he was weighing 310, now he's 329 and a terrific all week long at the Senior Bowl. He is so comparable to Albert Haynesworth when he was at Tennessee it's not even funny.

--- Added 2/1/2010 at 05:37 AM ---

Just since starting this thread Scout.com has moved Graham from 25th overall to 15th. You might say his play at the senior bowl has helped him immensely!

Looks like Graham could be this years B.J. Raji or Amobi Akoye (guys whose play at the senior bowl helped propel their stock in the draft)
    That's why Scout.com is a joke. They always make the moves after the fact and can't anticipate anything. I've had Graham 13th for months, and had Jared Odrick as a top 15 prospect since this time last year. Scout.com's rankings are the rankings of some 22ish year old kid. He hasn't seen enough football or enough drafts to have a clue.

The great Scott Wright has Graham rated the 8th best DE, lol.

WalterFootball has him as the 5th best DE.

KFFL has him 5th among DE's

--- Added 2/1/2010 at 05:40 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by kjbman1 View Post
    I couldn't disagree with you more darnik. Hood flashed some really nice skills when he was on the field this year. He is fine at DE in a 3-4 and he will at least double your projected starts.
    On passing downs from a 4 man front. That's where he can be good. The problem is, we drafted him to play 3-4 DE. Even with injuries and a lack of depth at DE Hood couldn't get on the field. He's a classic one gap player, and a 3-4 DE has to be a two gap player.
    Last edited by darnik44; 02-01-2010 at 07:04 AM.

i loved dan williams when he was a 4th round prospect, now ive gone sour on him since im not crazy about him as a first round prospet let alone one at 18.

i loved dan williams when he was a 4th round prospect, now ive gone sour on him since im not crazy about him as a first round prospet let alone one at 18.
    I still don't see why. He has the potential to be one of the best NT's in the league. His style of play is ideal, and unlike recent draft picks I think he could play early on.

how about this...

18. Taylor Mays, S, USC or Earl Thomas if available.

52. Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky, 6-1 , 179 lbs. or Terrence Cody AL , if available.

3rd - 5th rounds OL..

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    how about this...

18. Taylor Mays, S, USC or Earl Thomas if available.

52. Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky, 6-1 , 179 lbs. or Terrence Cody AL , if available.

3rd - 5th rounds OL..
    i think i would disown the steelers with mays

cody is still a first round pick, the man cant be moved...like actually cant be put off course

there will be better CBs than lindley at 52....lindley is like the 15th best corner this year and a 5th round pick

we have alot of 3rd-5th round talent for linemen as it is....they need a star, not a project/career backup guard

i think i would disown the steelers with mays

cody is still a first round pick, the man cant be moved...like actually cant be put off course

there will be better CBs than lindley at 52....lindley is like the 15th best corner this year and a 5th round pick

we have alot of 3rd-5th round talent for linemen as it is....they need a star, not a project/career backup guard
    i know but if bulaga and davis and campbell or not there.. the rest are not instant starters either.

iupati looked beaten on all his plays this weekend. i think he hurt himself more than helped. he was holding and beat alot.

i still feel with mays you have a potential LB and FS and S

with thomas you have potentiall at CB and Safety.

Think Gay and Carter.. we need these guys...

Cody looked good on the plays they actually ran at him, he was double covered alot.
    He was scored on on the goal line. But is he versatile like some other.. Dan Williams??

With Cody they ran around him mostly during the game, which is a good sign.

Eric Olsen held his own at Center.. hes a 52 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    i know but if bulaga and davis and campbell or not there.. the rest are not instant starters either.

iupati looked beaten on all his plays this weekend. i think he hurt himself more than helped. he was holding and beat alot.

i still feel with mays you have a potential LB and FS and S

with thomas you have potentiall at CB and Safety.

Think Gay and Carter.. we need these guys...

Cody looked good on the plays they actually ran at him, he was double covered alot.
    He was scored on on the goal line. But is he versatile like some other.. Dan Williams??

With Cody they ran around him mostly during the game, which is a good sign.

Eric Olsen held his own at Center.. hes a 52 pick.
    You seem to lack a grasp of the Steelers defensive scheme. If the Steelers NT needs double teamed, win defense. How much versatility would you like out of your NT? Would you prefer one of those pass rushing nose tackles?

Which linebacker spot do you project Taylor Mays to play in the Steelers 3-4 defense?

Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    You seem to lack a grasp of the Steelers defensive scheme. If the Steelers NT needs double teamed, win defense. How much versatility would you like out of your NT? Would you prefer one of those pass rushing nose tackles?

Which linebacker spot do you project Taylor Mays to play in the Steelers 3-4 defense?
    i grasp that... we have Casey and cody i dont think is as versatile... thats all... mays and thomas and bulaga can be more versatile. mays as a LB would be a training program. he has the size...

cody is not a first rounder for us. i bet he is there at #52..

this was a good read...

http://www.draftace.com/blog/dates/02012010.htm
    Last edited by coldrolled; 02-01-2010 at 04:04 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Steelers are not switching to a 4-3 even when LeBeau retires.......Of course the ILB doesn't blitz a ton in this defense but they do at times........Plus when Kendrell Bell was playing ILB for the Steelers he blitzed a ton......So moving Harrison inside wouldn't be total waste.....My question is forget all the talk about Harrison inside......What about another OLB behind both Woodley and Harrison?....There isn't much behind those two.....So adding a pass rusher like Graham even in the first round would be a smart move.....But I don't expect the Steelers to draft an OLB in the first......

Thread Information