Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drafting Earl Thomas

Bookmark and Share

Drafting Earl Thomas

Draft Countdown has predicted that steelers could possibly take Earl Thomas from texas in the first round. They also said that Steelers could be flirting with the idea of C.J. Spiller from Clemson. Which one would you take? or is there a another pick that you think Steelers would benifit more from.
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

I love Earl Thomas....He's definitely been at the top of my wish list for a while...before this season, C.J. Spiller was my preseason favorite and is still in my top 5 value picks for the steelers at 18...

Depending on who is on the board when the steelers pick, I think they would both be good picks...but if both are on the board, Earl Thomas needs to be the pick...he has the potential to be special and I think he would be way too valuable to pass on....

On the other hand, if Earl Thomas is off the board and Spiller is still available(depending on who else is left) I think he would be a great pick...he would sure-up a bunch of areas in the steelers game...he is an elite return man and would be great in the return game, both as a punt and kick returner....he would also be a great change-of-pace back and he and Rashard would make a great tandem...he also has great hands out of the backfield and could be used out of the backfield and be lined up in the slot and be dangerous as hell!!!

I love the idea of either one of them beeing steelers but like I said, if Earl Thomas is on the board, he has to be the pick...
    Last edited by Big T; 01-25-2010 at 11:50 PM.

draft countdown has good forums but his rankings are weird. i like reading his mocks just for the explanations even though i dont usually agree with what he says

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I love Earl Thomas....He's definitely been at the top of my wish list for a while...before this season, C.J. Spiller was my preseason favorite and is still in my top 5 value picks for the steelers at 18...

Depending on who is on the board when the steelers pick, I think they would both be good picks...but if both are on the board, Earl Thomas needs to be the pick...he has the potential to be special and I think he would be way too valuable to pass on....

On the other hand, if Earl Thomas is off the board and Spiller is still available(depending on who else is left) I think he would be a great pick...he would sure-up a bunch of areas in the steelers game...he is an elite return man and would be great in the return game, both as a punt and kick returner....he would also be a great change-of-pace back and he and Rashard would make a great tandem...he also has great hands out of the backfield and could be used out of the backfield and be lined up in the slot and be dangerous as hell!!!

I love the idea of either one of them beeing steelers but like I said, if Earl Thomas is on the board, he has to be the pick...
    I agree, and i do find it hard to believe that one of them shouldnt fall to us, however, there is probably also other talents at18 which would be hard to pass on, especially on the o-line. I don't think it would make too much sense to draft a Rb without adressing our o-line at some point, because they are not helping our RBs too much.

I really want Noel Devine next year. Train told me about him, and after watching him play, i really think that guy is going to be amazing.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I agree, and i do find it hard to believe that one of them shouldnt fall to us, however, there is probably also other talents at18 which would be hard to pass on, especially on the o-line. I don't think it would make too much sense to draft a Rb without adressing our o-line at some point, because they are not helping our RBs too much.

I really want Noel Devine next year. Train told me about him, and after watching him play, i really think that guy is going to be amazing.
    Devine definitely has the talent to make it in the NFL...he's like Darren Sproles but stronger and even a little faster....

Value and need

Mayock's initial top 5 lists are out and he has some surprises for everyone. Nonethelss, I think there will be options at 18 that give the Steelers a few different possibilites. I don't see any of the top 10 guys being overlooked by the teams that pick ahead of us. But, it is entirley possible that choices will inlcude any of the following:
    -Spiller
    -Several OTs
    -Several ends
    -Spikes
    -Cody
    -Mays/Thomas

Depending on their board, we could trade down and still hit a great number one and try to get some additional depth at other positions given that age and depth have been discussed as issues.

Mays' production did fall this year, but the front seven didn't help. What would his performance be like with a strong NFL front 7?

Would you take Thomas for sure or would you trade down, select from the above list and grab an additional pick for another round?

Devine definitely has the talent to make it in the NFL...he's like Darren Sproles but stronger and even a little faster....
    alot stronger, freakishly strong

My Mood
    Ratbirds

On the other hand, if Earl Thomas is off the board and Spiller is still available(depending on who else is left) I think he would be a great pick...he would sure-up a bunch of areas in the steelers game...he is an elite return man and would be great in the return game, both as a punt and kick returner....he would also be a great change-of-pace back and he and Rashard would make a great tandem...he also has great hands out of the backfield and could be used out of the backfield and be lined up in the slot and be
    dangerous as hell!!!

Taking another RB in the 1st round after taking a non bust RB in the 1st rd 2 years ago is not going to happen. They have solid depth with Mendy, Moore and Redman

other than Hines getting another year older, they should be OK @ WR, Hope Sweed gets his head out of his A$$!
    Pitt needs CB/S, OL, DL and a replacement LB for Harrison and Farrior in a few years

Earl Thomas if he slides
    IF Pitt wants a stud... Get BERRY!!!!!!!!!!
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

ok what about TE? Millers getting up there in age now, and the back ups are not well that productive in the passing game. and who should be pick up in the later rounds?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxsteelernation View Post
    ok what about TE? Millers getting up there in age now, and the back ups are not well that productive in the passing game. and who should be pick up in the later rounds?

no miller has a good 5 more years before we need to replace him, that's a back burneer issue
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Thread Information