Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on Dennis Dixon

Bookmark and Share

thoughts on Dennis Dixon

For you steeler fans that did not get to watch him in college or those who did, from the ravens game what was your impressions? (I often refer to him as Double D, since i'm a huge ducks fan, that was the nickname given to him.)

Honestly, he looked just like a young QB, made a few plays and showed some potential but nothing concrete, as he still made the big mistake, and never really got into a rhythm throwing the ball.

Starter
    cannot find the link right now, but did any1 else hear about some "wild-cat like" plays being drawn up that involved Wallace, Dixon and Mendy ??

My Mood
    Fight
    IMO, I believe he did a really good job for not knowing he was going to start 24 hrs before the game and being that young. I think he would have done better if we would have run the ball more but we know that story.
    Future looks good
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Rookie Free Agent
    the man played very well, 9-11 in the first half he just lost it in the 2cd, he will be a starter somewhere in a year or two

My Mood
    Addicted
    He did okay for playing in his one pro football game. But, I definitely doubt that he'll be starting anywhere anytime soon. The only way he'll play for the Steelers again is if he gets the same situation that he got this year. Teams won't get to see much more of him, and honestly, I don't really think many other teams are looking for a starting qb right now.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    He did okay for playing in his one pro football game. But, I definitely doubt that he'll be starting anywhere anytime soon. The only way he'll play for the Steelers again is if he gets the same situation that he got this year. Teams won't get to see much more of him, and honestly, I don't really think many other teams are looking for a starting qb right now.
    QB's are always in demand.......I think the Seahawks, Rams, Redskins, Bills, Browns, Raiders all could be looking for a QB......The Vikings and Cardinals could be looking depending if both Favre/Warner retire.....Jackson and Leinart both looked shaky in their limited time with their respective teams.....I would even think the 49ers could be looking for a QB despite Alex Smith playing decent this year......

But still Dixon hasn't shown enough to warrant teams to trade for him....But that could change if Dixon plays lights out in the pre-season.....Overall I was impressed with Dixon in his lone start this year.....I think he could develop into a solid backup QB and really should be the Steelers number 2 QB next year.....

I thought he played well for being thrown into the mix. I hope the steelers hold on to him and try to develop him into a strong 2nd string QB. I doubt Batch has many years left with us.

Nobody is going to trade for Dixon. He threw for 145 yards. He had a very pedestrian game as we hid him back there for the longest time. I'm not even comfortable with him being our backup. I'd rather they put him in the offense situationally like Miami does with (the horrible) Pat White and pick up Leftwich again.

Starter
    those listed teams above may be the more obvious looking for QB's, but there are really only 12-16 QB's that are capable of winning a super bowl, so i would put the number of teams looking for QB's at 32 less that range in reality, but when it comes down to it there are only so many out there so it is more of a matter i guess of that many want QB's .. but dixon is not in demand

Thread Information