Thread: Breaking News Hines Ward knee surgery today...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

Breaking News Hines Ward knee surgery today...

Dont know much about it but I was riding in the car on the way home and they had him on the line on the one radio show and he said he had surgery today on his knee that he hyperextended last week against the Browns. He said he had a broken bone it the knee and he just found out yesterday during the game in the 3rd quarter it needed repaired and so he had the surgery this morning. However, it wont be season ending surgery or injury. Hines said he wont be able to play this weekend against Tampa Bay but he should be back in time for the Thursday night game here at home against Cleveland in ten days. Boy the last 24-48 hours for this Steelers team from the loss in Baltimore to the injuries to Troy and now Hines has just been a disaster. Thank goodness both of these guys who most would say are two of your franchise players arent hurt any worse then what they could have been. Its just amazing how things have just totally snowballed on the Steelers this year with everything and how nothing has gone there way at all. Hopefully we can get both Hines and Troy back here within the next 2-3 weeks. Glad to know both arent hurt very bad that is very good news if there is any at all.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i found this

Ward has knee surgery, out for Sunday's game versus Tampa Bay

Monday, November 27, 2006
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The bad news continued along with the losses for the Steelers when Hines Ward revealed that he had surgery on his injured knee today.

Ward canceled his weekly appearance on KDKA-TV last evening and told the station he had arthroscopic surgery earlier in the day to remove a bone fragment from his knee.

The Super Bowl MVP said he will miss Sunday's game against Tampa Bay in Heinz Field but hopes to return to play the following Thursday night against Cleveland at home. It will be only the second game that Ward will miss in his career; he also missed a game last season because of a hamstring injury.

Ward left Sunday's game in Baltimore with what coach Bill Cowher described as an aggravation of the knee that was injured the previous week in Cleveland. It was diagnosed as a hyperextended knee. Ward was listed as questionable all last week, but practiced on Friday and started against the Ravens. He caught four passes for 33 yards in Baltimore before he left in the third quarter.

"I ran a route and felt something again," Ward explained. "I stayed in and tried to keep playing but my safety's an issue too. I want to be out there but I don't want a career-ending injury."

Ward leads the Steelers with 57 receptions for 786 yards and six touchdown caches. His 20 receptions on third downs are tied for second in the AFC.

A Steelers spokesman said he had no information on Ward regarding any surgery other than what the player said on KDKA-TV.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06331/741673-66.stm
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was afraid this might happen. He was looking awful rough in warmups on sunday in Baltimore. Better to get it done now, especially with the way the season is going, so he can hopefully be back for the last few games.

This will be a good chance for Holmes, Wilson, and Washington to step up to the plate and help Ben out this weekend.

What are we going to do about it??? The season is already a mess... this justs adds more crap to the pile of "Things that have went wrong this year!"

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    I'm concern but what about Troy?
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

i wish willie reid was healthy, this would be a great chance for him to get some experience. i also saw they put walter young on their roster. he's always intrigued me.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Yea I think they really would be wise to start Santanio Holmes this week against Tampa Bay. Its about time you get this guy in there anyway opposite of Hines Ward to begin with. Now with Ward being out for sure this week you gotta get Holmes in there over Nate and start him with Wilson. You moved up 7 spots in the draft to get this guy and are 4-7 and 11 games into a season where your probably not going to make the playoffs. Its time for Cowher to wake up and quit being a stubborn dumb *** and start Santanio Holmes and give him a chance with Hines Ward being out. Like you just mentioned Friday it is too bad Reid is still hurt I know he is getting better and might be back soon, but it would be nice to get him in there now and see what he can do and maybe be even better then a guy like Nate Washington who I am not sold on at all. But the bottom line is here you absolutely have got to start Santanio Holmes this week. If Cowher doesnt do that this week he should be shot.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    I'm concern but what about Troy?
    Read this thread, this is the most up to date info on Troy.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...ead.php?t=2359

Thread Information