Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Bookmark and Share
    ill maintain hope for thomas, i dont think 3 safeties will be picked before 18, and im fairly sure someones taking mays before thomas

What is the chance they draft Thomas and he is able to play corner for a season or two and keeping Clark at FS?

he could play corner, but that would be a waste imo

clark is likely on his way out, certainly is if we draft thomas. clark really isnt that good anyway

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ill maintain hope for thomas, i dont think 3 safeties will be picked before 18, and im fairly sure someones taking mays before thomas
    I disagree. It's one thing for fans to over-rate him, but when NFL teams scout both players I can't immagine a team feeling Mays is the better player or has more potential. Mays isn't even a lock to be the 3rd safety taken.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    I disagree. It's one thing for fans to over-rate him, but when NFL teams scout both players I can't immagine a team feeling Mays is the better player or has more potential. Mays isn't even a lock to be the 3rd safety taken.

I don't want the Steelers to have anything to do with Mays.....

i disagree....i think hes a lock for the second spot and i think he will be a raider, its cliche but i really do. the thing that i think we can get away with thomas slipping to the second round is hes SO young, a RS sophomore....he really doesnt have THAT much experience.

i think come draft day teams will regard mays as the #2 based on pure potential....hes an incredible athlete that has a ton of potential....i dont buy into it since a 4 year starter at USC shouldnt be drafted on potential....but teams still do it every year.

id be pissed if the steelers drafted mays, id prefer hood and i was a notorious hater on the hood pick and still am.

but you say fans vs nfl scouts....you know DHB didnt warrent a top 20 pick, neither did alot of guys that "worked out" well and its not just the raiders even though i think its likely since huff has been border lining on awful

If the Steelers want Thomas, and they feel like he wont be there at 18, they'll make a move for him. He do think he'll slip out of top 12 though, mostly because Taylor Mays will be taken as the second safety. He has got a lot of questionmarks, sure, but as did Polamalu when he came out of college (epecially regarding the cover skills). I think history has shown that potential goes a lot of way come draft day.

Personally, i think there is a bigger chance that Thomas will be there at 18 than Bulaga or Cody/Williams. DT's stock will rise in the combine, just because there are so many teams in need of a true NT.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information