Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Bookmark and Share

Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Pre-combine mock draft

Its tough to judge value before the combine and workouts, but heres where i am as far as value and likely picks.

not all picks in concrete decided yet, coin flips and playoffs are still pending

also, you dont have to agree with me, this pre combine and workouts drafts are pretty premature. some of these picks may seem a little unconventional

St Louis- Jimmy Clausen

They need a face of the franchise, I love clausen as a pro but he doesn’t deserve to go over Suh and Berry.

Detroit- Ndamukong Suh

Instant difference maker, he and Sammie Lee Hill will be a top interior Dline for years.

Tampa- Eric Berry

Tampa has always been about defense, they could use Dline but Gerald Mccoy would be a reach here and Berry is an Elite talent. Barber is old, Talib is a nice CB and Berry/Talib would be nice in the secondary.

Washington- Gerald Mccoy

Playing next to haynesworth would be the IDEAL situation for mccoy who is no where near suhs level in any way

Kansas City- Russell Okung

Cliché Pick but it makes sense…they passed on some LTs last year for Tyson Jackson, the need to pair him up with branden albert and they will have some studs keeping cassel upright

Seattle - Anthony Daivs

They need a Qb but Bradford has no value here. They draft Anthony Davis because Walter Jones is old and dying. Pete got the job but I don’t think hes gonna have much power right away, especially not enough to grab his boy mays.

Cleveland- Dez Bryant

Trading away Edwards and leaving them with a bunch of scrubs at WR, they need a playmaker and I think Bryant will be valued here.

Oakland- Taylor Mays

I know how Al davis is, everyone does, but I still cant even believe the heyward-bey pick….just unreal. Mays will give Davis all he dreams about.

Buffalo- Arrelious Benn

I honestly have no clue where benn is going to be selected, i think workouts could push him into a spot around here. I hate projecting the bills pick more than i do the raiders or patriots

Jacksonville- Tim Tebow

Yeah yeah yeah….not worth it, we all know. The jags want to sell tickets and if derrick Harvey and reggie nelson are any idication…they love local heroes. I think this pick is a lock, especially because I don’t think teams will let him slip out of the first round so this is their chance at their boy. Hes a 5th round talent with a legendary resume

Denver- Rolando Mcclain

He SHOULD be a jag, but they are idiots and the broncos get a stud LB. Hes perfect for the middle as the still make the transition to a 34

Miami- Terrence Cody

They have some great young talent on the dline. Langford, merling, cody….awesome line, perfect 34 line.

San Francisco- Trent Williams

They Love that hes here, he can play RT for them right away.

Seattle- Sam Bradford

Not crazy about him, but he can play in the seahawks west coast offense. The seahawks have now found their answer to alex smith (lol)

New York Giants- Brandon Spikes

Pierce-old, danny clark-old, sintim-stud….spikes can play middle and strong.

Tennessee- Dan Williams

As they search for haynesworths replacement they find themselves with dan Williams who can be a disruptor in the middle of a 43 line.

San Francisco – Joe Haden

They love to see him here, someone to team up with Nate Clements and give them 2 great corners to match teams like AZ and their passing attack

Pittsburgh- Earl Thomas

Clark is likely done, even if hes not, hes a liability in ocverage anyway. Earl Thomas and Polamalu could be legendary. Not the elite prospect berry is, but as close as you can get. Bulaga would make sense but the steelers in in offensive line denial.

Atlanta- Jason Pierre-Paul

Perfect for them to put opposite Abraham. Abraham, jerry, bump Anderson to DT and JPP on the end they have a dline that will be a handful.

Houston- CJ Spiller

The run game suffered when slaton went down. Hes a part time back anyway and brown, moats and the other guy are nothing more than backups. Spiller will dominate in the zone blocking scheme they run.

Cincinnati- Golden Tate

Vertical threat at WR for them which was a problem for them last year, he’ll be able to play right away.

New England- Colt Mccoy

Im sayin this pick happens, he sits behind brady for a year and brady walks. Its just my pick, you don’t have to agree with it….i think dunlap is a possibility here as well, but we have to wait on the Julius peppers rumors.

Green Bay- Bryan Bulaga

Rodgers got sacked A LOT, and the packers love white guys. Hes a legit LT prospect

Philadelphia- Mike Iupati

The shawn Andrews era has ended, hes the best guard prospect since….well, shawn andrews

Baltimore- Jermaine Greshem

Heap is old, they want to get flacco some more weapons. Greshem is a terrific pass catching TE.

Arizona- Sergio Kindle

Clark Haggans is old and they cant just keep franchising dansby every year

New York Jets - Damien Williams

Legit first round talent, Edwards is probably on his way out. Sanchez played with Williams at USC…it makes sense

Dallas- Corey Wootton

Not your typical 34 end, but an intriguing player with all the tools to be moved around on the line. Hes the type of DE in a 34 that will bring pressure, which is a rarity but nice to have. Spears and Igor played well but they need some depth on the Dline

Minnesota- Carlos Dunlap

They weren’t scared away from percy harvin….this gives them a legit end opposite Allen.

San Diego- Bruce Campbell

He didn’t have a great year but hes an incredibly gifted athlete and with some coaching could be a difference maker in both the run and pass game

Indianapolis- Sean Witherspoon.

Linebacker is definitely the biggest weakness, especially on the weak side, witherspoon is perfect for that spot and will be a tackling machine

New Orleans- Jonathan Dwyer

They are pissed the colts took witherspoon, rumor is the coveted beanie wells last year and dwyer will give them a tough, inside, physical runner that they want. Bush is likely gone so depth is a concern
    Last edited by K Train; 01-17-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Looks good to me. Lions is going to cry tears of joy because Suh falls to them. It'll make their defense so much better right away. If Dolphins should get Cody, they'll be scary next year. They might need to snack an OLB in the second, if Porter is leaving, and you have a great great defense. Pick a WR in the third, and they would have had a great draft!

Coly McCoy to Patriots... thats new. that would be very funny to follow.

You know i love the Steelers pick. Earl Thomas is just great, and he would instantly fix our secondary with Polamalu back in the game, and possible a CB in the second. Hard not to be excited about that.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

converison guys are tough this year....with kindle, graham, hughes, sapp and soon to be gibson all looking like great fits, theres going to be a battle for the few spots (like az) to be the top conversion guy

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    converison guys are tough this year....with kindle, graham, hughes, sapp and soon to be gibson all looking like great fits, theres going to be a battle for the few spots (like az) to be the top conversion guy
    Don't forget about my boy Schofield.......Solid mock by the way....

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Just heard Jets Kerry Rhodes could end up a cap casualty. Any thoughts on potential for us? Ive havent really pd attention to him too much, Jets arent on here too much. I do know he did get benched this year for a couple games but then earned his spot back.
    Last edited by Zachintosh66; 01-17-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: my spelling sucks...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

thats cause ryan tried to make an example of him.

i dont like rhodes, no thanks hes a little overrated and i dont think he would pair up with troy very well

rhodes is getting schooled by Rivers so far. He is getting beat in his own deep zone all the time.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

In a perfect Steeler world.

I like the Tebow to Jacksonville pick. I agree with the logic out there that he is their best chance to fill seats. I hope that a few QBS go early. Remember the craziness surrounding Sanchez last year? The more QBs that go early, the better our chances of landing a better position player where we need help.
    I hope some smaller school QB emerges with a cannon for an arm and jumps into the discussions as well and strats a feeding frenzy.
    I am trying to wait until after the Senior Bowl and combine to see what the possible picks start to look like, but I am hoping that QBs are called early and often.
    St. Louis, Seattle, Washington, and Jacksonville could all be looking for QB help. Even Buffalo and Denver could consider it.
    I have a hrad tiime predicting draft picks for other teams because I always doing it hoping that someone falls to us that should have been taken earlier.

Just move Jaguars to LA already!

I think the chance Thomas falls to us is slim to none. I would love it, but I think when it's all said and done he's off the board inside the first 12 picks. I also highly doubt Haden get's out of the top 10. Bulaga probably won't fall that fall either. He had a great Orange Bowl game and really opened some eyes.

Thread Information