Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ravens can thank the Steelers for still being alive in the playoffs...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    panthers-hater

The Ravens can thank the Steelers for still being alive in the playoffs...

And I know this a big what if game and what not but I say this mainly because if Ben Roethlisberger plays in that game in Baltimore the Steelers lost in overtime on the Sunday night instead of Dennis Dixon who did play well dont get me wrong but was still eratic in the 2nd half and in overtime when he threw the pic, if Ben plays in that game the Steelers win by at least a TD and the Ravens finish 8-8 and dont make the playoffs. They can also thank the Steelers for completely imploding in the games against the Chiefs,Raiders,and Browns because had they won all of them or even 2 of the 3 like they were suppose too the Ravens even if they do finish 9-7 are on the outside looking in because the Jets had the tiebraker over them at 9-7.

So while the Ravens played a good game against a very overrated Pats team yesterday and looked pretty good I think their run ends in Indy on Saturday night when they have to face Peyton Manning. Joe Flacco will not be able to throw for 39 yards in this game like he did yesterday and expect to win against Peyton and the Colts it just wont happen. It's just very frustrating to see the Ravens moving on to the final 4 of the AFC when the Steelers I believe are clearly a better football team overall then the Ravens and the only reason the Ravens made the playoffs in the first place is because of the Steelers imploding in those 3 losses to KC,Oak,and Cleveland, and Dixon being the QB that Sunday night game in Baltimore.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Shoulda, woulda, coulda. It's over now. Let's sit back and enjoy the postseason and hope the Steelers make some big changes in the offseason.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    I know it's all shoulda woulda coulda but it goes to show you how badly this Steelers team underacheived this season when a team like the Ravens who are not a better overall team then the Steelers are still playing and ended up winning a wildcard game. On a positive note, it was great to see the Bungles go one and done like we all knew they would. I hope the Bengals enjoyed winning the AFC North this season and sweeping this division because next season they wont be so lucky and wont get the breaks like they did this year. They will be playing a first place schedule and they cant count on the Steelers completely imploding like they did this year which allowed the Bengals to pretty much have the division at the beginning of December...

Water under the bridge brutha!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Just goes to show how much we could have done if we'd have just won even 1 more game than we did. Yeah it sucks, to watch the NFL in January and not have anything to cheer for except the Ravens demise, which we all know will come sooner or later before February.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Shoulda, woulda, coulda. It's over now. Let's sit back and enjoy the postseason and hope the Steelers make some big changes in the offseason.
    this is completely right, everyone has been making excuses but we kille ourselves in the games and the ravens didnt, thats why they are in

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Let's sit back and enjoy the postseason

I hope this weeks games are better. The only good game was the Cards/Packers, that was a blast to watch. I think this weekend will be closer games. I'm looking forward to all 4 of them.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Starter
    the Ravens had many close losses just as we did, but i think in the end they "deserved" it much more .. i hate to use that word deserve, but the ravens were more impressive imo this year

My Mood
    Addicted
    It doesn't even matter anymore. None of it does. Heres to next year...

Look at it this way we beat them 3 times last season on our way to win SB43. Let them have their 15 minutes of glory that will end at the hand of a better team.

Thread Information