Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers hire Bills’ Kugler to coach O-line

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

Steelers hire Bills’ Kugler to coach O-line

The Steelers agreed to terms with Sean Kugler to become their offensive line coach, according to a league source.
    Kugler was part of a Bills staff that has been allowed to interview for other jobs while the team searches for a new head coach. Pittsburgh, which had issues protecting the quarterback in recent years, fired offensive line coach Larry Zierlein after the season.

Kugler was promoted to offensive line coach for Buffalo in January 2008 and coached left tackle Jason Peters to his second consecutive Pro Bowl. Kugler previously served as the Bills assistant offensive line coach, working primarily with the tackles.
    Never heard of him.
    Last edited by Captcoolhand; 01-13-2010 at 09:22 PM.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Rookie Free Agent
    cant get any worse than bottom 2 in the leauge 2 years in a row, i like seeing the new name

Promoted to offensive line coach in January 2008 and tutored LT Jason Peters to his second consecutive Pro Bowl…previously served as the assistant offensive line coach, working primarily with the tackles…Peters earned his first Pro Bowl selection in 2007 and became the first Bills tackle named to the Pro Bowl since Howard Ballard in 1992…line set a team record by allowing just 26 sacks – the fewest in team history since stat became official in 1982.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coa...8-8f8512e4525c

Hes got his work cut out with him with Starks...unless we go LT in the first round.
    Last edited by DanRooney; 01-13-2010 at 09:32 PM.

this is the guy that thought langston walker could play LT?

**** us man, **** us

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    this is the guy that thought langston walker could play LT?

**** us man, **** us
    He drafted Eric Wood. Weren't you hyping him up in the offseason over Mack?

Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    He's got his work cut out with him with Starks...unless we go LT in the first round.

This guy will f'n die of old age B4 he trains that slob to do anything good on the field!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

i guess we cant blame an oline coach for their peters/walker catastrophe and cant give him credit for drafting wood and levitre (both of which are 10x better than urbik)

wood was playing very well at LG last year before he broke his leg, he wont have any success with this band of misfits though. kemo is ok (i guess) and i hope we keep colon but other than that essex is not terrible, starks is the most up and down player ive ever seen considering he can dominate merriman, peppers, freeney, taylor, odom one day and get schooled by a guy weve never heard of the next. and hartwig is without question the worst

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I was hyping Eric Wood last year before the draft and he was my favorite center from last years class......

as for the Kugler....it doesn't matter who this teams gets to coach the OL if the Steelers continue to neglect the OL......The current OL is good enough to win with but they're average at best and really need a couple elite prospects to really strengthen the unit......I just hope this new coach moves Willie Colon to OG if Colon is resigned.....The whole NFL universe can see that Colon is a better fit for OG then OT......All the reports when Colon was drafted stated he should be moved to OG in the NFL.....

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Coaching can get you only so far... "no matter how much you shine sh!t, its still sh!t"

We need talent on this squad... not several draft picks who cant even dress and a bunch of undrafted FA's who prolly wouldnt make half of the teams in the NFL.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Here is an article about the new OL coach and the shuffling he had to do this year Buffalo if any of you are interested.....

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...6-5e743883a579

Thread Information