Thread: Kahn interviews with Seahawks - Steelers interview April

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Kahn interviews with Seahawks - Steelers interview April

Steelers executive Khan to interview with Seahawks
    Monday, January 11, 2010
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Steelers coaches are not the only ones who may be leaving. Omar Khan, one of the team's top executives, will interview for the general manager's job with the Seattle Seahawks tomorrow.

Khan spent the past nine seasons as the team's chief negotiator with the title of football and business administration coordinator. He is their lead salary cap monitor.

The Seahawks reportedly have hired Southern California's Pete Carroll to be their coach and will interview four people for the general manager's job.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has three jobs open on his coaching staff. Tomlin fired offensive line coach Larry Zierlein and special teams coach Bob Ligashesky. Quarterbacks coach Ken Anderson retired.

Bobby April, who coached the Steelers' special teams in 1994 and 1995, is a candidate to replace Ligashesky. Tomlin interviewed April yesterday

Also, Rip Scherer Jr. could be a candidate to become the Steelers' quarterbacks coach. Scherer, a Pittsburgh native, is the quarterbacks coach of the Carolina Panthers. He interviewed last week to become the offensive coordinator at the University of Virginia and it is possible the Panthers would grant him permission to interview for the Steelers' job.

Scherer was head coach at the University of Memphis when he hired Tomlin for his second job as a graduate assistant coach in 1996 and the two have remained close. They are both William & Mary graduates. Scherer is the cousin of Kevin Colbert, the Steelers' director of football operations.

Read more: http://post-gazette.com/pg/10011/102...#ixzz0cJ67YGIQ

YAY on april and NO on Kahn

Anyone know anything about Rip Scherer Jr?
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Anyone know anything about Rip Scherer Jr?
    He was also the QB coach at Cleveland

Scherer spent the previous four seasons with Cleveland, serving as quarterbacks coach from 2005-2006 before adding assistant head coach to his responsibilities from 2007-2008. With the Browns, he directed the development of the young corps of signal callers that included Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn. In 2007, Scherer helped Anderson get selected to the Pro Bowl after throwing for 3,787 yards and 29 touchdowns and worked with an offense that ranked eighth in the NFL in scoring and yards per game.
    He entered the NFL coaching ranks with more than 30 years of experience on the college level. Prior to joining Cleveland, Scherer spent two seasons from 2003-04 at Southern Mississippi as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach and the 2001 season at Kansas as co-offensive coordinator.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Actually, i don't think he has done that bad of a job in cleveland. He just never had any talent to work with :P Anderson had a couple of really good years. Brady could potentially be good (shown flashes, but nothing amazing ofc), so i guess it wouldnt be that bad of a signing... I would rather have one who havnt coached in cleveland tho :P
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Arians isn't enough... we gotta look at the Stains QB Coach too?
    Cleveland is the ultimate QB killer so let's bring their coaching staff to the Steelers.
    Brilliant!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You know this team and their desire to look at every friggin fail *** team in the league and steal their coaching staff. You know they just love the Lions, now they want to look to Cleveland too.

I hope Tomlin hires with his head and not his heart; just because somebody gave you a shot back in college doesn't mean they are necessarily the right fit for your team now. Im not saying it's necessarily a bad move or a good move, but hopefully he gets the right person that's all I care about.

Omah Kahn is an unsung hero in this organization, the Steelers would do well to make him happy. He's a beast at the bargaining table and it would suck to lose him, just think of all the big deals he's gotten done for this team over the last decade!

The Associated Press reported yesterday that the Seattle Seahawks have hired Green Bay Packers executive John Schneider as general manager, a position for which Steelers negotiator Omar Khan was a finalist.

Read more: http://post-gazette.com/pg/10020/102...#ixzz0d8hVrAwr

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is good news for us, I really didn't want to lose Kahn, he's been a helluva front office member for a long time. All of the landmark deals that Steeler players have gotten over the last decade have come across his desk.

Thread Information