Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers wont be mathematically eliminated...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

The Steelers wont be mathematically eliminated...

I dont believe for at least another 3 weeks because I really think the Steelers should win the next 2 games here at home against Tampa and Cleveland which would get them to 6-7 going into the Panthers game in 3 weeks. But right now the Steelers are behind 5-6 teams for that final wildcard spot in the AFC. The teams they need to catch at this point are KC,Jags,Cincy,and the Jets who are at this point 2 or 3 games ahead of the Steelers for that last spot. Even Miami and Buffalo who are 5-6 are ahead of the Steelers now but both have a tough schedule the rest of the way and wont finish ahead of the Steelers. So the thing for the Steelers now and I know some of you will think Im insane for bringing this up will be just to keep playing this thing out week by week until we have been told we have been officially eliminated. Like I mentioned here the Steelers should win the next 2 to get to 6-7 and you would think looking at Jags,KC,Cincy,and Jets schedule the next 2 weeks that they will lose a game or 2 here to keep us alive. But it probably wont matter because having to leap over 4 teams to get one spot is going to be very tough. But Im an optimist and until Ive been told this team has been officially eliminated based on the math Im going to keep hope alive because I am what I am a diehard Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

dude, you need to give it up. the steelers have no shot in life this year.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    I admire your passion. It just is not meant to be this year.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    I'm a believer in Miracles.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    You can believe in miracles. We had to much go wrong this year.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Well here is what we would need to happen. Obviously we need to win the last 5 and finish 9-7. We need the Jags to lose 3 more games they still have to play at Miami next week,Colts,Pats at Tennessee which wont be easy,and at Chiefs left on their schedule so that is definitely possible. We need the Bengals to lose 3 more games as well. They still have to play Baltimore,Denver,Indy,and the Steelers the last week so that is possible. We need Kansas City to lose 3 more games they play Cleveland,Baltimore,at San Diego,at Oakland and the Jags the last 5 games. KC is a team you dont know about either one week their good another week they arent there capable of losing or going in the tank any week I think. The Jets have to lose 2 or 3 games based on conference record. They have games left at Green Bay,Buffalo,at Miami,at Minnesota,and Oakland at home. Sounds like an easy schedule for the Jets but keep in mind the Jets have lost to the Browns in Cleveland this year so if they can lose there they can lost at Green Bay,at Miami and at Minnesota. Miami and Buffalo are still in it as well as I mentioned both are 5-6 but keep in mind Miami has a lot of tough games left and the Steelers own the head to head tiebraker over them. And Buffalo too has a lot of tough games left as well. The best right now the Steelers can finish in the conference is 6-6 and 9-7 overall. Like I said I think they will get to 6-7 the next 2 weeks by beating both Tampa and the Browns here at home. So lets just see what happens and takes place here the next few weeks based on what those other teams do ahead of us that I just mentioned and their schedules. If you look at their schedules compared to ours its not impossible to think we cant at least remain alive going into that Carolina game in 3 weeks. My point is like I said keep playing and trying to win every week until you have been told you are mathematically eliminated. Anything can happen any given week and anybody can lose to anybody any given week. The Steelers just gotta keep playing try to win the next 2 games here at home get to 6-7 which they should and see where they are after that in 3 weeks.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Well here is what we would need to happen. Obviously we need to win the last 5 and finish 9-7. We need the Jags to lose 3 more games they still have to play at Miami next week,Colts,Pats at Tennessee which wont be easy,and at Chiefs left on their schedule so that is definitely possible. We need the Bengals to lose 3 more games as well. They still have to play Baltimore,Denver,Indy,and the Steelers the last week so that is possible. We need Kansas City to lose 3 more games they play Cleveland,Baltimore,at San Diego,at Oakland and the Jags the last 5 games. KC is a team you dont know about either one week their good another week they arent there capable of losing or going in the tank any week I think. The Jets have to lose 2 or 3 games based on conference record. They have games left at Green Bay,Buffalo,at Miami,at Minnesota,and Oakland at home. Sounds like an easy schedule for the Jets but keep in mind the Jets have lost to the Browns in Cleveland this year so if they can lose there they can lost at Green Bay,at Miami and at Minnesota. Miami and Buffalo are still in it as well as I mentioned both are 5-6 but keep in mind Miami has a lot of tough games left and the Steelers own the head to head tiebraker over them. And Buffalo too has a lot of tough games left as well. The best right now the Steelers can finish in the conference is 6-6 and 9-7 overall. Like I said I think they will get to 6-7 the next 2 weeks by beating both Tampa and the Browns here at home. So lets just see what happens and takes place here the next few weeks based on what those other teams do ahead of us that I just mentioned and their schedules. If you look at their schedules compared to ours its not impossible to think we cant at least remain alive going into that Carolina game in 3 weeks. My point is like I said keep playing and trying to win every week until you have been told you are mathematically eliminated. Anything can happen any given week and anybody can lose to anybody any given week. The Steelers just gotta keep playing try to win the next 2 games here at home get to 6-7 which they should and see where they are after that in 3 weeks.
    I give you props for all that you did. Stranger **** has happened I'm riding with you (miracle ride) But in all honestly Cowher is looking for a way out
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I completely admire your confidence, you have top notch analysis of the NFL and our conference. I believe you have the never say die attitude that all proud Steeler fans have.

I agree that we are not mathematically out of the play off race as of now. However from an emotional and mental and physical health standpoint this team looks more dejected than ever. They're beat up, beat down, and just plain beaten. Looking at Ben on the sidelines he looked as down as ever. Listening to the post game, they talked about how Ike has zero confidence right now, the offensive line is just terrible, the defense is on the field all day long, now Troy is out for the year.

It's just not good all the way around.

Whatever you are smoking please share some with the team!! our only chance was a making a miracle run to win the division. I have to agree it is better for mental health to give up the quest for a playoff spot,
    It's not gonna stop me from cheering for the best team after all there are 31 other teams in the NFL, then there are the PITTSBURGH STEELERS !!!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Clowns
    I know its probably not going to happen Im not a complete moron I know this team has problems across the board all the way around, but like I said the Steelers should win the next 2 games and get to 6-7, and then we will see what happens with teams like the Jags,KC,Cincy,and the Jets. They all have tough games coming up here the next few weeks and anything can happen so lets just sit here and play this thing out until were mathematically eliminated is all Im saying. Never give up hope.

Thread Information