Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Willie Parker could resign with the Steelers

Bookmark and Share

Willie Parker could resign with the Steelers

With the Steelers off-season about to start: There has been an understanding that Willie Parker will be gone, because of Mendenhall taking over the starting job. Most people have said that Willie would not accept a backup position: but after giving some thought, WERE could Willie go to set a starting position.

AFC North:

Cleveland: Jerome Harrison is the starter, and is young: Parker could be the back-up here

Cincinnati: C. Benson, L. Johnson and Bernard Scott: No need for Parker as starter or back-up

Baltimore: Ray Rice, Willie McGahee and Le’Ron McCain: No need for Parker as starter or back-up

AFC South: (1 possibility)

Houston: Chris Brown, Ryan Moats, Steve Slaton: Here is a possibility for Parker as an starter or back-up:

Indianapolis: Joseph Addai, Donald Brown, Mike Hart: No Need

Jacksonville: Maurice Jones-Drew, Rashad Jennings: Parker would be a back-up here:

Tennessee: Chris Johnson, is the best back in the league, so Parker would be a back-up here.

AFC West: (1 possibility)

Denver: K. Moreno, C. Buckalter, L. Jordan: with a 1st round draft choice in Moreno, Parker will be backup.

Kansas City: Jamaal Charlers is young, fast and cheaper than Parker would be: but Parker could be a back-up or insurance encase Charles goes down.

Oakland: Darren McFadden, Michael Bush and Justin Fargas: No room here but with Al Davis, you never know.

San Diego: LaDainian Tomlinson is old, Darren Sproles is a FA and Michael Bennett hasn’t proven anything. Parker could be a good fit if Sproles leave as a FA and Tomlinson is cut loose.

AFC East

Buffalo: Marshawn Lynch, and Fred Jackson No need for Parker

Miami: Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown: No need here

New England: Laurence Maroney, Sammy Morris, Kevin Fault, Fred Taylor: no need for Parker

NY Jets: Thomas Jones is FA, but with Shonn. Green and Leon Washington no need for Park

NFC East (1 possibility)

Dallas: Marion Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice: No need for Parker

NY Giants: Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, no starting job here.

Philadelphia: Brian Westbrook is on his last legs, but with LeSean McCoy and Weaver no need for Parker

Washington: Clinton Portis: could be on his way out, and Landell Betts is injure prone: So this a possibility for Parker

NFC North (1 possibility)

Chicago: Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson Forte is young and had a down year this season, but the Bears are not ready to replace him yet.

Detroit: Maurice Morris has shown promise but Aaron Brown and Cedric Peerman could be replaced.

Green Bay: Ryan Grant, Brandon Jackson would be ahead of Parker

Minnesota: Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor: no need for Parker

NFC South:

Atlanta: Michael Tuner and J. Norwood could be ahead of Parker

Carolina: DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart enough said:

New Orleans: Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell, no need for Parker

Tampa Bay: Carnell Williams, Derrick Ward no starter position open.

NFC West:

Arizona: Bennie Wells, Tim Hightower, no need for Parker here

St. Louis: Steven Jackson is the best back on a bad team no starter options here.

San Francisco: Frank Gore, Glen Coffee and Michael Robinson, no options here

Seattle: Julius Jones, Justin Forsett: There is an opportunity here for Parker

Concision: there are only four starting position open, provided each team don’t want to draft and RB this year: So there is a possibility Willie Parker could resign with the Steelers because of lack of starting positions.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Meijers needs a new bag boy...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

12 for 91 today! Wasn't to shabby!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    I think after his performance today, his role should be as is is now. I'd be happy as him spelling Mendy and staying a Steeler, but I dunno if thats the role he'd take. Somone might dangle some money in front of him, and thats all it'll take. My guess.. Oakland.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Until this game, I thought Parker would definitely be gone...but he did great today. For whatever reason they took Mendy out and Parker played majority of the 4th quarter, and he looked better then he did when he was the primary back. He had some cut backs, broke some tackles, and got some big rushes. Most of which we haven't seen from him in a while. If we can, I think the Steelers will do their best to keep him in Pittsburgh, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    I think after his performance today, his role should be as is is now. I'd be happy as him spelling Mendy and staying a Steeler, but I dunno if thats the role he'd take. Somone might dangle some money in front of him, and thats all it'll take. My guess.. Oakland.

Indeed, Parker would be a decent player to back up Mendenhall but there's no way that's going to happen IMO either. Some team will offer him decent money to compete for the starting job and he'll go for it. Pittsburgh isn't going to offer him THAT much money to make him stick around as a backup.

Parker did well today, there's no doubt, the best he's been all year IMO...but he'll be gone in 2010.

Parker is gone. No need for him here.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This is the reason I wish we would have kept Russel. He would have been the perfect backup to Mendenhall. Mendy runs tough, there's no doubt, he's explosive enough to be quick and make you miss as well as run over you; the complete back if you will. I would really like to see a power short yardage back come in though too, just to have that guy that blows you off the ball as he's running through you. If we're gonna run the ball too, having both guys would be nice. The days of the power Bettis type back are gone, but it's still good to have one on the roster when you need it.

Parker is a nice change of pace because he's so quick, but his inability to run through tackles, and see the field consistently just drives a fan up the wall. I have little doubt he'll be gone and test the waters else where; personally I wish him nothing but the best.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 01-03-2010 at 09:07 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Parker is a nice change of pace because he's so quick, but his inability to run through tackles, and see the field consistently just drives a fan up the wall. I have little doubt he'll be gone and test the waters else where; personally I wish him nothing but the best.
    I think part of his problem was that he played too much, he couldn't carry the entire load. I've seen him break some tackles as of late, when he's just a compliment to Mendy.

Regardless of if Cardinals need him or not, he's a former Steelers, cardinals will obviously be interested.

Thread Information