Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Teams Coach Bob Ligashesky Fired!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    betcha they will just promote Amos Jones (Asst. Special Teams Coach).
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    What kills me is, how can a team have such bad special teams coverage units. I mean it's not rocket science here. You run down, stay in your lane, and make the tackle..
    The problem, at least 50% of it is poor Kickoffs with little or no hangtime. Might be time if the Steelers are going to resign Reed, to bring in a KOS (Kick-off spceiclaist).

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    The problem, at least 50% of it is poor Kickoffs with little or no hangtime. Might be time if the Steelers are going to resign Reed, to bring in a KOS (Kick-off spceiclaist).
    You hit it!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Problem is as i see it, when you have suspect defensive depth your ST will struggle...

Half of our backups were "fringe/bubble" roster guys... im not saying you can load your team with 7 potential starters. And the other half is guys who are there are over the hill...

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

Execution on special teams is way more important that scheme but alot of the times both get thrown out the window. I'm glad to see the change but you can plan out the perfect return, run reverse after reverse, run up the middle , to the left and to the right if one guys gets tripped up or blows his assignment its ruined. Execution of your assignment is key but also team work and communication on the field is important. If you notice the man beside you go down you know there's going to be an unblocked man you need to account for your block then go to his if possible and by then hopefully he's up and can pick your man up. I think special teams should practice (maybe they do) a man down for these certain scenarios. On the defensive side of special teams I fill the same just that blocks need to be shed quicker and maybe some quicker feet on the outside to help contain the run to the middle Bottom line EXECUTION!!!!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!
    Last edited by SteelSkin37; 01-07-2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: forgot something

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I'm just happy that A$$ clown legshitsky got canned!!!!!
    Bring in B April and fix this damn mess....

Just need a GOOD OC to replace BA!!!
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Tailgate Coordinator
    Good, now go hire Bobby April back.

I'm A "Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSkin37 View Post
    Execution on special teams is way more important that scheme but alot of the times both get thrown out the window. I'm glad to see the change but you can plan out the perfect return, run reverse after reverse, run up the middle , to the left and to the right if one guys gets tripped up or blows his assignment its ruined. Execution of your assignment is key but also team work and communication on the field is important. If you notice the man beside you go down you know there's going to be an unblocked man you need to account for your block then go to his if possible and by then hopefully he's up and can pick your man up. I think special teams should practice (maybe they do) a man down for these certain scenarios. On the defensive side of special teams I fill the same just that blocks need to be shed quicker and maybe some quicker feet on the outside to help contain the run to the middle Bottom line EXECUTION!!!!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!
    Is FWP the "quicker feet" we could use on ST? Then he would also be available as a back up to the offense should we need him. I'd hate to lose him if we can keep him cheap.

Rookie Free Agent
    at least its a start...

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Bobby April is being targeted by Shanny and the Redskins...

like i said before, betcha they will just promote Amos Jones (Asst. Special Teams Coach).

Thread Information