Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers fire offensive line coach

Bookmark and Share
    The o-line is still trash. There is no talent on the line whatsoever. Do you think any of Ben's sacks in the Browns game were caused by him "holding the ball for too long?" Absolutely not.

It goes hand in hand. How many sacks has Ben avoided by escaping the pocket after a complete collapse? Nobody seems to mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    The o-line is still trash. There is no talent on the line whatsoever. Do you think any of Ben's sacks in the Browns game were caused by him "holding the ball for too long?" Absolutely not.

It goes hand in hand. How many sacks has Ben avoided by escaping the pocket after a complete collapse? Nobody seems to mention that.
    That would be because that most of the time, the guy actually put him self into those situations. its not just the o-lines fault, its a combination of a lot of things going wrong. If the o-line can give your QB 4 sec to throw the ball, they have done a good job. Ben actually gets that time a lot, but for some reason he is not getting the ball away. If its because he wants the big play, or because the WRs does not get open varies, but he is accountable for a lot of sacks, which is why we all hate and love Ben...

When that is said, our line sucks right now. I would keep Colon, and i would keep Kemo (as i mentioned in another thread), because these guys have potential. Its been pretty clear though, that our line have been using the wrong schemes. They are big maulers, who excel at destroying their opponent one on one. Not sure what that kind of scheme is called (line blocking? ), but the zone-blocking system we have been using is not getting it done. Im sure you know what the basics are in zone-blocking, which is why i also presume you know that works best with smaller athletic linemen, not big fat maulers.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    That would be because that most of the time, the guy actually put him self into those situations. its not just the o-lines fault, its a combination of a lot of things going wrong. If the o-line can give your QB 4 sec to throw the ball, they have done a good job. Ben actually gets that time a lot, but for some reason he is not getting the ball away. If its because he wants the big play, or because the WRs does not get open varies, but he is accountable for a lot of sacks, which is why we all hate and love Ben...

When that is said, our line sucks right now. I would keep Colon, and i would keep Kemo (as i mentioned in another thread), because these guys have potential. Its been pretty clear though, that our line have been using the wrong schemes. They are big maulers, who excel at destroying their opponent one on one. Not sure what that kind of scheme is called (line blocking? ), but the zone-blocking system we have been using is not getting it done. Im sure you know what the basics are in zone-blocking, which is why i also presume you know that works best with smaller athletic linemen, not big fat maulers.
    Remember when Steve Spurrier took over for the Redskins and put all sorts of ridiculous blocking schemes in. The lineman looked pathetic...when he left and took his Fun and Gun offense with him, suddenly they were all better players.

Thread Information