Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 3 Round Mock

Bookmark and Share

If Nate Allen fell that far, Steelers should try to trade up for him. Shouldnt be too expensive to trade up that late.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Don't like the Cody pick, with so many needs on defense, we can get a DT later, I think we slap a tag on Hampton, next year being uncapped (90% chance). If Spikes is there, like in that mock, we need to draft him, Farrior has lost a few steps.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Don't like the Cody pick, with so many needs on defense, we can get a DT later, I think we slap a tag on Hampton, next year being uncapped (90% chance). If Spikes is there, like in that mock, we need to draft him, Farrior has lost a few steps.
    Got mixed feelings about this one. We all know that a DT will take a year or two before he'll be an every down starter in this defene.. Thats just how it is, and we can't affort to have Hampton franchised two years in a row (unless its uncapped both years). I would not hate neither Spikes or Cody i guess.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Got mixed feelings about this one. We all know that a DT will take a year or two before he'll be an every down starter in this defene.. Thats just how it is, and we can't affort to have Hampton franchised two years in a row (unless its uncapped both years). I would not hate neither Spikes or Cody i guess.
    I hear ya bro......but whats the difference between franchising Starks back to back and Hampton. Plus if the league is uncapped, the wallets will open, with new owners and there different ways of thinking, who knows what our FA strategy will be next year. They are already influencing the Rooneys.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    I hear ya bro......but whats the difference between franchising Starks back to back and Hampton. Plus if the league is uncapped, the wallets will open, with new owners and there different ways of thinking, who knows what our FA strategy will be next year. They are already influencing the Rooneys.
    The Steelers hands were tied with Max Starks. Franchising him the 2nd time out of desperation lead to them re-signing him for a lot more than he's worth. Atleast in his case he's not 33 like Hampton with only one player backing him up, 32 year old Chris Hoke (who is undersized to begin with).

There are only a few true Nose Tackle prospects in this entire draft class. That's always the case, and most of the other 3-4 teams also need NT's.

I like it. Sure it could be slightly better with Nate Allen, or I like Daryl Washington, but if that is what really happens come April, I'll be thrilled.
    Last edited by V_83; 01-06-2010 at 05:50 PM.

I had an idea a few days ago...I think if they resign or franchise Casey hampton then draft Terrence Cody, they should do a little experimentation with a 2-5...How sick would it be to have Casey Hampton and Terrence Cody on the line and James Harrison, Lawrence Timmons, James farrior, Keyaron Fox (or a draft pick, maybe if Brandon Spikes falls to them in the second) and LaMarr Woodley...i think it could be sick

just a thought....haha

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I had an idea a few days ago...I think if they resign or franchise Casey hampton then draft Terrence Cody, they should do a little experimentation with a 2-5...How sick would it be to have Casey Hampton and Terrence Cody on the line and James Harrison, Lawrence Timmons, James farrior, Keyaron Fox (or a draft pick, maybe if Brandon Spikes falls to them in the second) and LaMarr Woodley...i think it could be sick

just a thought....haha

I'm not sure how that would go over, but I would love to see that just once.

cody and warren would make me jizz....2 of my top 7 players for the steelers.

not sure anthony davis goes that high, i like him alot but i think most others would consider that a reach.

Thread Information