Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The gameplan today was horrible...

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Clowns

The gameplan today was horrible...

I say this because I knew coming into this game and Im sure the Steelers had to know that they werent going to be able to run the ball and have success against this tough Ravens D. So I ask why didnt they come out the first series especially since they won the coin toss and had a chance to jump out to the lead early and quiet the crowd and start throwing the ball in a no huddle or a 4-5 wide set. Cowher was too conservative like he always has been, he never wants to change anything or take a chance especially today when he needed too with the season being on the line. Just poor poor decision not to start the game like this on the Ravens knowing that this is a Ravens teams who thrives when they get the lead especially early on in the game. The bottom line now with this team is to just play these last 5 games out, we still have Baltimore and Cincy left to finish the season up and a chance to play spoiler and ruin their playoff chances or seeding or whatever may take place. Baltimore looks like a pretty good team but nothing would be more sweeter then to beat them here Christmas Eve and ruin their chances for a bye week or a higher seed in the playoffs. I would love to see Baltimore go into the playoffs and get bounced by either a team like Indy or San Diego. Then all this division talk and stuff will be all for not. Lets just hope now we beat the Ratbirds on Christmas Eve and Bengals the last game and have an affect on how both their seasons end up.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Cowher believes you have to line up and put a hat on a hat and impose your will on the other team. That's the way its always been and for however long BC is the head coach that will not change. Regardless of what we think, of what Whizenhunt thinks, Grimm, Arians, or any other coach or player.

We all know that the no huddle was a perfect way to attack the Ratbirds. When we did use it we moved the ball some, just like all year long...but again just like all year we wait until we're so far behind that we have to use it. Even then its still effective so why in the hell arent we using it more often now. Given the lack of success of our traditional offense it only makes sense to us.

You don't have to run it all game but use it enough to put the defense on their heels and then get into pounding the ball and using play action.

What else is new, BC is too stubborn to change regardless. He's always been this way and always will be.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Exactly TG for Cowher to come out and have a gameplan like that and immediately go 3 and out because your trying to run the ball which you knew wasnt going to work against Baltimore was just disgraceful. I was hoping Cowher would take the same approach this game that they took in Indy in the playoffs last year and open it up and try to jump out to the lead early in this game and make that Ravens offense play catch up. I really got excited when we won the toss because I really thought this would happen seeing that we had the ball first. You just kind of had a bad feeling after that first 3 and out and then Sams getting the big punt return despite it being called back by the penalty, you just knew it was going to be a long day. Like you said TG Cowher never makes any adjustments or puts in different players in positions to try to change anything. If you look at a guy like Belichick he does this sort of thing Cowher doesnt. Its why Belichick has 3 rings and Cowher will only just see 1. His stubborness and stupidity is just frustrating as hell to watch.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    This Mrs. Coolhand and I watched the game and he didn't. I couldn't agree with you more Troy, I got real excited seeing Batch come in and finish the half. Then of course another disappointment to see Ben come back after the half. How can you just stand there and watch your team lose and not try to do anything to change things up.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation These stats will blow your mind

Just take a quick look with me at the Steelers offensive output today

First Half:

Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Kneel down, end of half

2nd Half:

Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Fumble
    Punt
    Interception
    Interception

Please feel free to correct me if I missed a punt there, but is that not the absolutely most pathetic thing you can see as a Steeler fan ?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Just take a quick look with me at the Steelers offensive output today

First Half:

Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Kneel down, end of half

2nd Half:

Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Fumble
    Punt
    Interception
    Interception

Please feel free to correct me if I missed a punt there, but is that not the absolutely most pathetic thing you can see as a Steeler fan ?
    Dont forget about the 4th and whatever, that we go for, around the 20 yard line... where we should have just kicked the darn field goal, to help avoid the embarrassment of the shut out!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Familiarity breeds contempt, and there is never bigger physical wild game than the Steelers vs Ratbirds...knowing full well we needed this game far more than they did every single one of us knew we had to start strong and get on top early and yes after that first 3 and out I didnt give up hope but I sure had a bad feeling in my stomach.

I just don't understand why when something has worked all year and something hasn't, why we continue beat our heads against the wall and continue to go back to what doesnt work. We are good enough this year to lineup toe to toe with anyone so we need to change things up, try some different things, yet still be tough and run the ball.

All we do is 3 and out , 3 and out, 3 and out, turnover, 3 and out. It's been that way all year long and nothing ever changes.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Your right about needing this win real bad. We are done for the year no matter what. How in the hell do we go from superbowl champs to not even getting in the playoffs? Cowher should of done something long ago. I dont know about you but now I know how it feels to be a Browns fan losing week after week. Just hope that maybe we can finish the year with some kind of hope.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The browns got their asses handed to them today by the bengals so yes we've known all year long what it's like to share the bottom of the division since we've been there virtually all year long.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Tell us something we don't know Post whore
    -unknown

Thread Information