Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Bobby!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Legshitsky gone, Tomlin interviewed BA II (Bobby April) monday, I hope this is the sign of a real SP coach coming to PITT!!!!
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Coach Mike Singletary is expected to meet with former Bills special teams coach Bobby April this week during the American Football Coaches Association convention in Orlando, Fla.

Singletary has interviewed former 49ers special-teams coach Larry Mac Duff for the position that was vacated last week when Singletary decided not to renew Al Everest's contract. Everest replaced Mac Duff, who left the 49ers after the 2006 season to become co-defensive coordinator at Texas.

The highly respected April exercised a clause in his contract last week to escape the final two years of his deal with the Bills. He and the other Bills assistants had been told that they were free to pursue other opportunities while the Bills searched for a new head coach. April reportedly interviewed for a position Sunday on Mike Tomlin's Steelers staff.

Bobby April, a candidate for the Steelers' special teams coordinator vacancy, left town without a contract following his interview Sunday with coach Mike Tomlin and team officials because he was scheduled to meet with at least three other NFL teams.

April later met with San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary during this week's American Football Coaches Association convention in Orlando, Fla., at which Singletary was a speaker.

April, who coached the Buffalo Bills' special teams the past six seasons, also has interviews with a couple of other unidentified teams, Chicago-based representative Frank Murtha said Tuesday.

"He had serious discussions with Coach Tomlin and other members of the Steelers' organization," Murtha said. "It might be a few more days. We really don't have a timetable. He hasn't made any hard and fast decisions until he at least finishes the interview process."

Asked if the Steelers or any other team made an official offer to April, Murtha replied, "I can't really get into that, but, obviously, teams have expressed an interest in having him as their special teams coach."

April, regarded among the top special teams coaches in the NFL, was the Steelers' special teams coordinator from 1994-95; his last season was the year the Steelers played in Super Bowl XXX.

In addition to his special teams duties, April also served as Buffalo's assistant head coach. It was believed that April might be named interim coach when Dick Jauron was fired during the season; however, that position went to defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, who was released along with the rest of the coaching staff.

"I definitely wanted — want — to be a head coach. That's an ongoing goal of mine," April told reporters in Buffalo.

April opted out of the final two years of his contract so that teams knew he was available,

April, 56, would be a welcome addition to a Steelers' special teams unit that allowed four kickoff returns for touchdowns this season under former coordinator Bob Ligashesky, who was fired last week. No other team allowed more than two kickoff returns for touchdowns this season.

April won the 2008 Special Teams Coach of the Year award, voted on by the league's coaches. The award is presented by Professional Kicking Services. April also won the award in 2004.

More Steelers headlines
    Packers' Woodson picked top defender
    Poor stats don't slow Flacco
    Mangini excited about Browns' direction
    Jets' rookie QB Sanchez already in rare territory
    Grimm gets permission to talk to Bills
    'Rooney Rule' under scrutiny
    Steelers' Khan to interview with Seahawks
    Subscribe to the Tribune-Review today

Rookie Free Agent
    i cant wait for the ST's to stop being so damn bad, two things need to happen on kick returns, one is to shed our blocks better, idk what they are doin running down the field but they have the momentum and they always seem to either leave their lanes to get away from the block or run right into it,another thing ive seen is that it looks like they are always goin for that huge hit, this nonsense needs to stop too and if we break down and miss a tackle maybe we wont be seen on the the opposite side on sportscenters top 10 weekly

Gone!

Eagles Hire Special Teams Coordinator Bobby April
    Free agent special teams coordinator Bobby April has been hired by the Philadelphia Eagles, the team announced on Thursday.

The Eagles terminated the contract of Ted Daisher, who just concluded his first season as the team's special teams coordinator.

April is one of the most respected special teams coordinators in the business, having spent the last six seasons with the Buffalo Bills, who routinely finished in the Top 5 of Rick Gosselin's special teams rankings in the Dallas Morning News.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Gone!

Eagles Hire Special Teams Coordinator Bobby April
    Free agent special teams coordinator Bobby April has been hired by the Philadelphia Eagles, the team announced on Thursday.

The Eagles terminated the contract of Ted Daisher, who just concluded his first season as the team's special teams coordinator.

April is one of the most respected special teams coordinators in the business, having spent the last six seasons with the Buffalo Bills, who routinely finished in the Top 5 of Rick Gosselin's special teams rankings in the Dallas Morning News.
    Oh, Bob Saget!

Well, who else are we looking at?

Tailgate Coordinator
    Should have known it was a pipe dream to get him back.

I'm A "Champion"

Steelers never sign to many "known" coaches or players for that matter! Pisses me off at times!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Steelers never sign to many "known" coaches or players for that matter! Pisses me off at times!!
    He chose philly over us... but i get your point regardless.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    He chose philly over us... but i get your point regardless.
    Our cheap *** FO was the the lowest offer....He went with the $$$ from what I hear!

Just once it would be nice to snag a big name FA or OC etc etc etc!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information