Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Harrison; Another Disappointing Performance

Bookmark and Share
    Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

James Harrison; Another Disappointing Performance

What is it with Harrison this year?

The guy played Houdini once again and went virtually invisible? How many times has he done that this season?

I like Silverback as much as the next Steelers fan, but this year he's been a shadow of his former self for whatever the reason. I want to believe its because of the injury to Aaron Smith (teams are now able to give his side of the field more attention), but to be honest .... I haven't witnessed this to be true. I want to believe Harrison gets held on every play, but I haven't witnessed this to be true.

I just hope that Harrison isn't hitting the age wall that Farrior has hit. I don't think he has, but I'm just say'in ... Harrison isn't exactly a spring chicken.

Thinking ahead to next year, I wonder if any thought has been given to moving Harrison inside to play the "mike LB'er spot that Farrior is playing? Harrison has the strength to play the "mike" and would be perfect considering he plays mean (with attitude). This would allow us to move Timmons outside so that we could utilize his speed and athleticism a lot more than he is today playing inside.

In any event, I hope that the coaches see the current vacume that old man Farrior has left us with and elects to go LB'er in the 1st, followed by either a "S" or a "CB" to round out our first 3 picks. I'd love to see a Brandon Spikes or a Rololdo McClain in black & gold.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    He does not get held on every play, but the majority of them he does. With the officials not calling it, there is no need for teams to shift someone to help block him, just hold him. He is giving great rush anyway, just doesn't have the sack stats. Still a beast. Plus he played with a bad bicep.

My Mood
    Addicted
    i wouldn't call it disappointing...he did force a fumble and a few hurry ups, all w/ a bad arm...

this thread should be, "William Gay; Another Disappointing Performance"...not silverback

As per my "handle", Harrison is my favorite player, but I have to give him a pass yesterday because he was 50/50 with a biceps issue. I flipped out when he let unibrow flacco out of his grasp, but then remembered his biceps issue.

Look at it this way, he hasn't hurt the Steelers with his play, but we need him to make a few big plays on Sunday. if he would ever incorporate a spin move into his pass rush bag of tricks, he WOULD be unblockable.

Willie B Gay was horrid as usual!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think Harrison is doing okay this year. The only reason people seem to believing that he's "MIA" is because he hasn't gotten the 18 whatever sacks that he had last year. You can't have a record setting season every year, I'm sure he'll be fine.

I'll give him a pass with the injury yesterday. But have been thinking for awhile now that he needs to work on some other moves. Fact on your power rush your are going to get the choke hold, fact the Refs are only going to call it 15 percent of the time. Time to come up with a new move.
    We're Raven Haters, Ring Takers Shame Makers
    Don't you mess with Steelers D

The man has 10 sacks this season and 5 forced fumbles....no, not his best season but those are still really solid numbers...especially because he's been dropping back in coverage more this year.... He woke up Sunday not knowing if he could play and then after the game he needed a trainer to help get his pads off...the man played with one arm....he had a decent game considering...

You can't expect 16 sacks and 7 FF every year....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The entire defense has stunk this year, let's not go saying Harrison is having one poor performance after another. The loss of Arron Smith an Polamalu allows teams to focus on Harrison, it's not rocket science here people. You take out one of the best run stuffing and space occupying lineman in the league, and the best Safety (or one of the best) and you have more bodies to account for when it comes to the Def player of the year. You roll the extra coverage or down block on Harrison because you know Eason, Kirschke, or Hood aren't going to warrant a double team. You also know you can have a back freed up now to chip Harrison.

It's not wonder the dudes stats aren't as great as last year, combined with the constant holding, you can start to see where his effectiveness is limited. And before we go off saying how decent a year Wood is having, keep in mind that the double teams flow towards Harrison, not Wood. So yeah Wood is playing great, and I'm all for it, but lets keep the whole Harrison thing in perspective here.

Give 92 a break the damn dude was hurt!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information