Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers underestimated their schedule

Bookmark and Share

Steelers underestimated their schedule

Now that the season is officially over, I think it's safe to say we underestimated this so called "soft" schedule we had. If the Steelers had taken care of business like they did today against a team like the Browns, Bears, Chiefs or Raiders...just once, we wouldn't have had to rely on the Pats, Rats or the BUNGALS to get in.

It's amazing what Polamolu really does for this defense, they just fell apart when he banged his knee up in the opener. Smith's presence was obviously missed too.

Now let's just see what kind of adjustments they make in the off-season.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    polamalu wasn't all our problem. our defense missed tackles. Our o-line still sucks and our special teams stunk.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

No doubt they missed all kinds of tackles and this O-Line is terrible, but still the Raiders, Bengals, Bears, Chiefs probably all those games are wins. Carter just doesn't cut it back there.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think the O Line was as bad as they were last year. They did a lot better of a job blocking for the backs, and protection was 10x better in my opinion. We just didn't go into the obviously winnable games with the right attitude. It doesn't matter what their record is, these teams are still NFL teams, and you can still lose.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    \. We just didn't go into the obviously winnable games with the right attitude.
    That is the season in a nut shell.

I remember being in KC sitting behind the Steelers bench when we won the toss in OT. Hines came off the field with an attitude that's hard to explain but it was almost like, "we're the Steelers it's over now" IMHO the entire season can be summed up by being over confident and not having the right attitude. You can't blame the loss of Smith & Troy when you lose to 4 of the worst teams in the league. Yet beat 4 playoff teams.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Blame goes to:
    1. Secondary
    2. Special Teams
    3. Coaching

Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Blame goes to:
    1. Secondary
    2. Special Teams
    3. Coaching
    That pretty much sums it up

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    Blame goes to:
    1. Secondary
    2. Special Teams
    3. Coaching
    I think you could pretty much pin point the loses to those 3, but I think the blame goes on the Steelers as an organization. You should still be able to go into the games that we lost and win, but like I said, they didn't have the right attitude. I can't speak for them, but it seems like they got cocky, all of them, not just the secondary, special teams, or coaching staff. Too bad they waited until the last 3 games of the season to refocus.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I don't think the Steelers underestimated....I just think some of the depth on this team (mainly defense) showed their age......

Carter was a nice backup at one time but is done......I love you James Farrior but you're not an every down NFL LB anymore.....Had a great career but the Steelers need a replacement found in this upcoming draft.....Bring Farrior back as a backup if he is willing to take a pay cut.....

I also think William Gay showed he isn't a full 16 game starter in this league....Remember he was very good as a spot starter and nickel corner last year.....I just don't think he is starting material unless he is a spot starter like he was for McFadden last year....

Injuries also ravaged the DL all year and when that unit is already old that is not good....Smith, Kirschke, Keisel all missed time this year....Of course Smith was the huge blow.....

The kick coverage units screwed the pooch this year..........

Fix the kick coverage units and add some young blood to the defense then the Steelers will bounce back and make a Super Bowl run next year....

Steelers underestimated their schedule - NO the coaches did and it trickled down to the players. Game plans sucked on a (3) phases. Redzone offense was lousy to say the least, defense got soft with Troy being out, I blame coaching for some of it and just **** poor DB's.

Special Teams, like beating a dead horse, SUCKED donkey nuts!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information