Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: With the 18th Pick in the 2010 Draft...

Bookmark and Share
    im liking cody, williams, campbell, davis, spikes

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im liking cody, williams, campbell, davis, spikes
    No Haden? He could be traded for - i think he could slip to 15ish, and that would not be too expensive to trade for.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    No Haden? He could be traded for - i think he could slip to 15ish, and that would not be too expensive to trade for.
    Train thinks Haden is really overrated.....but like train, I really like Brandon Spikes, Bruce Campbell, Terrence Cody, and Anthony Davis...

I also like Earl Thomas, if he declares, Charles Brown and CJ Spiller...

If we don't grab a safety in the first there will definitely be some players in the second and third round...I like Nate Allen, Reshad Jones, Kam Chancellor, Morgan Burnett, and Myron Rolle...

this is a weak corner class and haden as the top guy is awful.

i think cox, ghee and murphy will all be better picks and they can be had in the second

as far as safeties go i would go berry as the only elite prospect, then earl thomas as a high first round pick....then nate allen, then taylor mays

my only man crush at corner this year would be donovan warren, i think hes going to be a good pro, a better prospect than leon hall imo

I still like the size and speed of Haden, but i WOULD NOT trade for him!!! If he falls to 18 then yeah i'd take him in a heart beat. My only problem with taking a OT at the 18-20 pick is that you're gonna end up with the 4th OT taken in the draft! If a guy like Campbell or Davis grades out as the 1st or 2nd best OT in the eyes of the FO, then yeah take him at 18. But some how i doubt he will grade that high.

I also think DL and DB are our GLARING NEEDS for both depth and to compete for starting jobs if (ie: replace will gay and if Casey and Clark leave). Our Oline played pretty well for MOST of the year and had injuries all year long. So IMO an OT, while it would be nice, may not be 1st round worthy. I'd rather have a stud center and thats something usually found in the 2nd or 3rd!

Dunno about Spiller.. Im pretty sure Steelers would have a hard time passing on him if he was there when we draft. Im not sure how i would react - Sure, Spiller is a mad man, and with Mendenhall, we would own the world running the ball, but there are so many positions we need to address in this offseason, and RB is really not one of them.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I still like the size and speed of Haden, but i WOULD NOT trade for him!!! If he falls to 18 then yeah i'd take him in a heart beat. My only problem with taking a OT at the 18-20 pick is that you're gonna end up with the 4th OT taken in the draft! If a guy like Campbell or Davis grades out as the 1st or 2nd best OT in the eyes of the FO, then yeah take him at 18. But some how i doubt he will grade that high.

I also think DL and DB are our GLARING NEEDS for both depth and to compete for starting jobs if (ie: replace will gay and if Casey and Clark leave). Our Oline played pretty well for MOST of the year and had injuries all year long. So IMO an OT, while it would be nice, may not be 1st round worthy. I'd rather have a stud center and thats something usually found in the 2nd or 3rd!
    i like earl thomas as well if he declares, hes the second best safety this year imo.

this OT class is lacking elite prospects....i dont think okung is that great, hes a good prospect and will be a good pro and is the clear top guy but after that williams, campbell, davis, capers, , brown, fox, young, Ducasse....are all 1st/2nd round picks. i like davis and campbell the most right now though.

**** haden, warren ftw

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i like earl thomas as well if he declares, hes the second best safety this year imo.

this OT class is lacking elite prospects....i dont think okung is that great, hes a good prospect and will be a good pro and is the clear top guy but after that williams, campbell, davis, capers, , brown, fox, young, Ducasse....are all 1st/2nd round picks. i like davis and campbell the most right now though.

**** haden, warren ftw
    I'm really hoping Texas wins the National Championship just because I believe if they win Earl Thomas with declare...he's definitely my #2 safety behind Berry...he's one of those young guys who is already a great player but at the same time he is raw and with the right coaching could be a complete stud and a great player in this league.....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Anthony Davis has been on the top of my list for some time and I think at 18 the Steelers will have a shot.....Oher fell into the early 20's last year and clearly he was the best OT of the 09 class....I think Davis is the best OT of the 2010 class.........

But if the team doesn't draft Davis or if he isn't there then I would happy with Brandon Spikes......Or a NT........

thomas is a better prospect than huff, and about even with landry imo.

berry is in a league of his own....better than landry, polamalu, reed, taylor, and any other DB ive seen in my lifetime...a true elite prospect.

earl thomas and polamalu in the same secondary is something that you should get excited about

Thread Information