Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did we expect this game to go any other way?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Did we expect this game to go any other way?

I mean really, it's been our MO all year long; we get the lead in the first half and then completely sideways in the 2nd and implode in all phases of the game. 27-10 lead with 10 minutes to you better hope you can close it out; but yet again they ALMOST blew it.

Credit Ben fighting through that injury and moving this offense down the field, and Parker & Mendenhall as well; everybody worked through the pressure and somehow sealed the win. Regardless of what happens with our post season possibilities when the day is done, atleast we can say this team didn't give up in the 3 games and even though they did their best to give it away again, somehow we pulled it out.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 01-03-2010 at 04:12 PM.

3 interceptions, two by CBs.. Man, we own the world.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    This game truely was the epitomy of the Steelers season..except they usually lose. Doesn't matter as much this time anyway, New England screwed us. But to be far, we screwed ourselves.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Honestly I don't expect us to get in; we still technically have a chance but it's slim at best. Regardless though atleast they finished off the season with 3 consecutive wins and didn't just pack it in. They should heart, and inspite of themselves they were able to overcome the miscues and get the win. I credit them for not giving up, but still pissed off that they got themselves in this position in the first place.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm just glad we won the last 3 games, this has been the Cardiac Kids season for us, with the Injuries we had, an the defensive breakdowns in the 4th quarter an the dumb play calling we had later in the season we have no one but ourselves to blame if we don't get in the playoffs.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't know if my health can take watching this team in the postseason.; if they actually get in, LOL. The cardiac kids is a great analogy for this team; atleast these last 3 games they were able to pull it out and finish off strong. They stayed focused and somehow pulled it out, and I give them all the credit in the world for that.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I give them so much credit for coming back from loses against KC, Oakland, and Cleveland, and winning against 3 decent/good teams. That's all you can hope for after a season like this one.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    One can only wonder what could have been if this team had actually played up to it's potential during that 5 game losing streak Maybe they overachieved in these last 3 games, maybe they just fell asleep during that bad stretch..who knows, but at this point we can be proud they went out fighting if nothing else.

A real shame that it has taken adversity for us to perform to near our best and scrape together a chance of ps play.

However, our best this season is clearly, only marginally above acceptable.

Why?, has it taken all year for our cb's to make an interception?, why has it taken all year for Lamarr to look like a pro bowler?, why has it taken all year for Ben to throw a ball into the bleachers? I could go on and on and on . . .

Just judging by tonight alone, we have serious problems at CB, MLB and OT. i.e. We have one capable corner, we have a pair of mlb's that, resemble Laurel and Hardy at their finest, a RT that gets by on a few coppers thrown his way in a squallid doorway every night of the week, and an offensive gameplan, that is drawn up by someone with a skin full of liquer and a squalid complexion after a heavy session on Maddden10.

Kay, i'm drunk on cheap boxed red wine, but, tis thy truth i tells ye!

We love Darts!! Phillllllllthepoweeeeeeeerrrrrr Taylorrrrrrrrrrrrr!

GO STEELERS!
    Last edited by UKSTEELER; 01-03-2010 at 06:25 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    This game truely was the epitomy of the Steelers season..except they usually lose. Doesn't matter as much this time anyway, New England screwed us. But to be far, we screwed ourselves.
    amen sister
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information