Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Don't blame Ben or Willie for this one

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

    Don't blame Ben or Willie for this one

    Blame the offensive line,plain and simple. Ben was getting crumpled all day long and never had time to even see the field. Even during the no huddle we did nothing because we couldnt keep Ben on his feet long enough to find anybody.

    Don't blame Willie either, once again the OL gets the blame. This unit is truely pathetic and terrible. They cannot block anyone and had no answer against a 3-4 blitz that they practice against every day. No answer against a team we know as good as we know ourselves. Willie had no where to go all day long, and did well to even get the yards that he did.

  2. #2
    Living Legend Steelersfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,116
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I will put some of the blame on Willie this game. Ben almost got his head taken off because Parker missed his assignment on the blitz.
    Granted our line played one of the worst games a line could play so I won't blame Willie for the lack of yards.
    Washington dropped another TD pass. I think we had at least three other dropped passes in the game.
    Ben had no reason to take those sacks at the beginning of the fourth when we were at like the 10. He needs to throw those away and he should know he needs to make a quick decision because of the pressure. ****, on 4th down he took the sack! Just throw the damn thing at that point.

  3. #3
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would tend to agree with you except for the fact that he was stuck in the pocket all day long because it collapsed on him constantly. If he'd have tried to throw it away it would have either been picked off or he'd have gotten called for intentional grounding I think.

    It was a no win situation today for the entire offense.

  4. #4
    Living Legend Steelersfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,116
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Not when you are 1st, 2nd, 3rd and goal. Just throw it out of the endzone. Hell, let them get the INT because it is no better or worse than a sack on 4th down.

  5. #5
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashville - Titan Hell LOL
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Blame the offensive line,plain and simple. Ben was getting crumpled all day long and never had time to even see the field. Even during the no huddle we did nothing because we couldnt keep Ben on his feet long enough to find anybody.

    Don't blame Willie either, once again the OL gets the blame. This unit is truely pathetic and terrible. They cannot block anyone and had no answer against a 3-4 blitz that they practice against every day. No answer against a team we know as good as we know ourselves. Willie had no where to go all day long, and did well to even get the yards that he did.

    That offensive line didn't know the game started at 1 !!

    I don't know how Ben managed to NOT throw INT's w/ the pressure he got today.

  6. #6
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I believe he ended up with 2 picks, both late in the 4th quarter, but at that point who can blame him trying to force the issue and make something happen.

  7. #7
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashville - Titan Hell LOL
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I believe he ended up with 2 picks, both late in the 4th quarter, but at that point who can blame him trying to force the issue and make something happen.

    Yeah I know about the 2 at the end .. youre right .. try to force something to make something happen ..

    I mean, like, all throughout the game .. he had no protection all game ... I would imagine INT numbers up there like sack numbers, the way the O Line played.

    They took the game off here, w/ about 6 minutes left, and cut to the BUF/JAX game .. I just wish we could have gotten A score, so as not to be blanked. Wish we would have kicked that FG instead of going for it on 4th!

  8. #8
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    To his credit he didnt throw any picks during the game except the 2 at the end, which surprised me too...but when you think about it he didn't really have time to throw picks because he was too busy picking himself up off the turf all day

  9. #9
    BlacknGold Bleeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    da Burgh
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I would tend to agree with you except for the fact that he was stuck in the pocket ...
    Pocket??? Did you see something I didn't see???




    BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Parker already taking Mendenhall under his wing
    By ItAintEasyBeingPeazy in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 04:42 PM
  2. Willie Parker and the stable of RB's
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 05:17 PM
  3. Fast Willie likely to say, 'See you later', to Buffalo
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:23 PM
  4. Essex on spot at LT; Willie Parker back in lineup
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 11:18 AM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •