Thread: That Florida Quarterback

Bookmark and Share

That Florida Quarterback

Sorry to do it, but after todays inspiring Sugar Bowl performance I would love to here where you draft guys sit on college's most popular player. As the biggest closet Tebow fan on SA I would secretly love for him to dominate in the pros, but all the doubters are getting to me. The mocks I've seen have pretty varied opinions on where he'll go with one predicting as high as a late first rounder, and one an early fourth. So what do you think SA can Timmy overcome his poor mechanics and college system to be a legit NFL QB or is he a bust to be?

On a side note, if he't total garbage at QB what do you think about him as a TE, FB, or H-Back? Wouldn't Arians love him!

Arians would not love him. He already has Dixon, and he refuses to use him. Tebow can be an NFL starter, but he'll need coaching and he'll need to sit behind a proven QB for some time to learn. He is not a day 1 starter imo
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

If nothing else Tebow raised the intrigue level. His arm looked better than I've ever seen it. But, Brian Billick pointed out a lot of the big questions on Tebow. Projecting Tebow as a pro is really uncharted territory. I've never seen any player who Tebow is a fair comparison to. We've seen QB's with poor throwing motions, we've seen running QB's, and everything else between. But we've never seen a running QB who runs like a FB and has a very good are, but a quirky delivery. I don't know that he'll ever be a starting QB, but I can't say he won't either. Billick did make a good point that someone would have to specially design an offense for Tebow to work. He couldn't just step into a current, traditional offense.

I've been doing this a long time now and I can say I have no idea how to rank or project Tim Tebow. Truely unique prospect. My gut tells me he makes it in some facet though.

I'm a BIG Gators and Tebow fan but even I can see that the way he takes the ball down below his waist before he throws it would have to change in the pros...can see the pro tackles frothing at the mouth to cause fumbles.

I wasn't saying Arians would love him as a mobile QB but rather as an H-Back type player, like a David Johnson, but its just jokes. And in no way am i suggesting the Steelers should/will/could draft Tebow, although I'd maybe soil myself if we did.

His throwing motion in some ways reminds me of Favre, just how they drop it so low and then 'heave' it, although they definitely have different motions. The Tebow project will definitely be interesting in the NFL, hopefully its not with the browns or ravens.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    hell be drafted by Jax... havent you heard any of the Tebow saves the Jags franchise rumors yet...

Although I think he will be a better QB at the Pro level than people give him credit. Not sure if that means Pro Bowls and rings. I think he will be a "mid-carder".
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Yeah I just saw a mock that had him going #11 to Jax. I'm starting to think now that he'll be boom or bust. either the throwing motion isn't a big deal or it Jemarcus all over again.

P.S. I keep seeing more and more drafts that have Clausen going #1 to St.Louis, they can't really not take Suh can they?

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Suh should def be #1... Although i bet Det is begging for them to take Clausen.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Starter
    tebow has NO chance at TE, FB, etc .. that is a joke

i have seen him make some pretty weak throws requiring adjustments on the WR's part in addition to telegraphing many passes .. another concern is all the talent that was around him

offense in the NFL certainly has changed, but it is tough to see him holding down a starting QB position for very long

Thread Information