Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's How The 2010 Draft Needs To Go

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    They could trade back and try to add a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Teams are going to want that 18th spot. If Earl Thomas,Taylor Mays or Bryan Bulaga are there take one of them. If not Trade back get more picks.
    no-no at trading back, or getting Taylor Mays

Yes yes at Earl Thomas or Bulaga :P

While it could make sense to trade back (there are good good players in second round this year), i really want them to maybe even trade up and get an impact player. No of these so-so first round picks!
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Waterboy

My Thoughts

NT- Casey Hampton is going to become a FA and is on the wrong side of 30, but still able to be a productive player. We will have back for 2 years at best if we resign him. Drafting a NT this year should be our biggest priority. In the Steeler D, rookies never start or make major contributions, so we need to develop one now. If we don't draft a NT this year, it will be likely that we will switch to a 4-3 once Dick LeBeau retires.

FS- Ryan Clark is still a decent FS, but he is 30 and also a FA. The Steelers want to resign him, but we will still need to draft one. The FS we would draft would have to be able to start in a year or 2.

ILB- James Farrior is 35 and slowing down dramatically. We need youth to start in a year.

Situation 1
    1) Dan Williams, NT Tennessee
    2) Nate Allen, FS USF
    3) Jamar Chaney, ILB Mississippi State

Situation 2
    1) Earl Thomas, FS Texas
    2) Torrell Troup, NT UCF
    3) Jamar Chaney, ILB Mississippi State

Check out my blog
    http://thedraftkid.blogspot.com/

My Mood
    Fine
    How about Jared Odrick in the first,Myron Rolle in the 2nd and Torell Troup in the 3rd?

why would you take a 34end in the first 2 times in a row and draft a 43DT in the 3rd? troup is no NFL NT.

rolle in the 2nd is a big reach too, if we take a safety in the second i hope its nate allen

Starter
    i don't understand what people find appealing about rolle.. what specifically is he good at again?

hes big and physical and hes absolutely brilliant
    Last edited by K Train; 02-18-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Starter
    my sarcasm detector is beeping pretty hard ..

Starter
    i guess i just never saw anything he did that was real impressive .. he only had one career interception and i think his tackles actually went down each year..

unfortunately i have to watch a ton of FSU and I remember him being served multiple ways; missing tackles in the open field, getting burnt in coverage and visibly lacking a killer instinct ..

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    i guess i just never saw anything he did that was real impressive .. he only had one career interception and i think his tackles actually went down each year..

unfortunately i have to watch a ton of FSU and I remember him being served multiple ways; missing tackles in the open field, getting burnt in coverage and visibly lacking a killer instinct ..
    he was projected as a possible 1st rounder before he went to oxford...He's extremely intelligent...hes like Peyton Manning (in a way), whatever he lacks physically, he makes up for by knowing exactly what to do...hes definitely smart...is consider him in the second...

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post

not the best coverage safety but he can lay the boom and he is extremely intelligent and coachable....hes a 3rd rounder imo and a damn good one

hes got some rust on him but shook it off at the senior bowl imo

Thread Information