Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's How The 2010 Draft Needs To Go

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    C is the weak link - we basically do not have one .. until we get a center who is capable of winning battles with competent DL we cannot run "when it counts" ..

in terms of prospects in this draft, imo, 2010 does not really rival '09 interior lineman .. even close?? if the problem was worse last year and we did not address it when there were better lineman available odds are it is not high on the Tomlin/Rooney priority list ..

until we get quality interior lineman just prepare yourself for more out of proportion BA bashing ..

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    We have one of the nastiest guards in the whole league, literally. Kemo is a rising star and has actually been forced to go to anger management before. Which still makes me chuckle every time i think if that.

I would love to see us bring in a OT so we can bump Colon down to the other G. That would be a sick Guard tandem!

We just signed Hartwig long term, so i dont for see a center around unless one slips to us in a perfect spot. They still would have to compete with Doug L for the backup, and we all know the coaches have a woody for Dougie.
    I love Kemo and if we get him a Counter part on the other side along with a Center that would be awesome. What will most likely happen is what you said they'll hopefully get Bryan Bulaga to play Tackle and bump Willie back to his normal position at guard. Or Mike Iupatiat guard & willie Tackle. Thats more realistic, then they can try to acquire at least 1 extra rd 2 pick and select CB & OC, CB & DL or CB &FS/SS. Then pick up a Center in the 3rd round.

--- Added 1/23/2010 at 12:18 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    C is the weak link - we basically do not have one .. until we get a center who is capable of winning battles with competent DL we cannot run "when it counts" ..

in terms of prospects in this draft, imo, 2010 does not really rival '09 interior lineman .. even close?? if the problem was worse last year and we did not address it when there were better lineman available odds are it is not high on the Tomlin/Rooney priority list ..

until we get quality interior lineman just prepare yourself for more out of proportion BA bashing ..
    Center Is the week link. I like Roman Foster as a Swing man but If we can get additional picks in the second we can go for The top OG's & OC's plus get the CB we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    We have one of the nastiest guards in the whole league, literally. Kemo is a rising star and has actually been forced to go to anger management before. Which still makes me chuckle every time i think if that.

I would love to see us bring in a OT so we can bump Colon down to the other G. That would be a sick Guard tandem!

We just signed Hartwig long term, so i dont for see a center around unless one slips to us in a perfect spot. They still would have to compete with Doug L for the backup, and we all know the coaches have a woody for Dougie.
    Eric Olsen from ND may be the first C picked in the draft and available at our #52 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Eric Olsen from ND may be the first C picked in the draft and available at our #52 pick.
    Im pretty convinced it'll be Pouncey.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Im pretty convinced it'll be Pouncey.
    So we may have our choice at #50

with

Maurkice Pouncey, C/OG, Florida
    or
    Eric Olsen , C ND

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    So we may have our choice at #50

with

Maurkice Pouncey, C/OG, Florida
    or
    Eric Olsen , C ND
    Maurkice Pouncey over Eric Olson ANY day of the week...there is absolutely no question that he will be the first center taken....most likely before the steelers pick in the second....if he's there in the second when the steelers pick, he has to be the pick(depending on who is left)....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Pouncey is a stud and really I think he is worth a first round grade......I think he is going to be a badass for the next 10-15 years in the NFL......After Pouncey the rest of the center class is solid but Pouncey is the lone elite center.....I like John Estes from Hawaii in the later rounds....

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Pouncey is a stud and really I think he is worth a first round grade......I think he is going to be a badass for the next 10-15 years in the NFL......After Pouncey the rest of the center class is solid but Pouncey is the lone elite center.....I like John Estes from Hawaii in the later rounds....
    He had a great week at the east west shrine practices & game.

if pouncey goes in the first it would be a reach.....however they wouldnt be disappointed in him.

at 18 though theres no way

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    if pouncey goes in the first it would be a reach.....however they wouldnt be disappointed in him.

at 18 though theres no way
    They could trade back and try to add a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Teams are going to want that 18th spot. If Earl Thomas,Taylor Mays or Bryan Bulaga are there take one of them. If not Trade back get more picks.

Thread Information