Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's How The 2010 Draft Needs To Go

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Here's How The 2010 Draft Needs To Go

Cornerback, cornerback, safety, cornerback, safety, cornerback etc etc. Maybe an offensive lineman somewhere in the mix . Thoughts?

OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC

LOL!

My Mood
    Addicted
    drop BA, ST coach, Gay, and a few others...pick up eric berry, 2 new corners, and a QB as i don't see batch being resigned

How unrealistic is

1st - Terrence Cody - NT
    2nd - Donovan Warren - CB
    3rd - Daryl Washington - ILB
    4th - Ciron Black - OT
    5th - Trindon Holliday - RB/WR
    6th - Leigh Tiffin - K

with no clue about seventh round.

My Mood
    Fine
    1 Earl Thomas 2 CB 3 Center 4DL 5aOG 5bILB 5c WR 6 RB 7a TE 7b OT.
    I'm hoping the Steelers trade to get into the second round. If we can get 1 or 2 more picks in the second we can get very good players. I'd like to pick up a CB and OG in the second.
    Id like as many picks in the second round as possible. The second round is last years 3rd round for us. Their are some sleeper Safeties out there that we could get in rd 3 or 4.
    Last edited by JollyRob68; 01-19-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by V_83 View Post
    How unrealistic is

1st - Terrence Cody - NT
    2nd - Donovan Warren - CB
    3rd - Daryl Washington - ILB
    4th - Ciron Black - OT
    5th - Trindon Holliday - RB/WR
    6th - Leigh Tiffin - K

with no clue about seventh round.
    washington is tiny for a 34 MLB

holliday will probably go in the 3rd, the man is fast

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    1 Earl Thomas 2 CB 3 Center 4DL 5aOG 5bILB 5c WR 6 RB 7a TE 7b OT.
    I'm hoping the Steelers trade to get into the second round. If we can get 1 or 2 more picks in the second we can get very good players. I'd like to pick up a CB and OG in the second.
    Id like as many picks in the second round as possible. The second round is last years 3rd round for us. Their are some sleeper Safeties out there that we could get in rd 3 or 4.
    why a guard in the second? dont we have enough of those?

Starter
    there will likely not be a corner at 18 that has value, possibly a safety tho.. i would not mind moving up to get perrish cox in the 2nd .. unfortunately, i did not see more than a snap here and there of Donovan Warren so i cannot really speak to that ..

the value may be there at OT at 18 tho ..

for me ..
    1. Cody/thomas - despite the fact that cody may be a reach .. assumes many OT's get snapped up
    2. Cox/Pouncey - more of a tie .. not sure if MP will be around

and at some point either Dexter Mc or Blount, but both if Blount free-falls ... if for some reason Selvie is within reach in the 3rd then that is a pick as well ..

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    CB, OT, S, DL, ILB

no chance at Eric Berry, so lets just kill that now...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    washington is tiny for a 34 MLB

holliday will probably go in the 3rd, the man is fast

why a guard in the second? dont we have enough of those?
    We need a Center and a Nasty Guard.
    I've changed what we need. We need to acquire 1 or 2 more second rounder this way we can. Take the best Available at 18 or move up. If we take Defense in the first we can take OL & CB in the second.
    Let say we have 1 pick in the first and 2 in the second. We can take EArl Thomas or Taylor Mays in the first if they slip(Bryan Bulaga or Mike Iupati if they dont). Then in the second you take Jon Asamoah or Maurkice Pouncey(both can play Center or Guard ) and A CB Donavan Warren or Brandon Ghee.
    If we acquire 2 additional 2nd rounders (3 total) then we can get (same as above ) in the first then same as above in the second plus a SS or FS. Obviously if we get Thomas or Mays in the first we would try to take both Asamoah & Pouncey in the second and perhaps a DT/DE and get another saefty in the 3rd. What do you think?

--- Added 1/22/2010 at 08:18 PM ---

The steelers need to Get a Quality lineman in round 1 or 2. Gerry Dulac said you dont reach for a CB in the first round with the 18th pick. I agree,if Thomas, Mays or Dunlap(I'd take him way too much talent and smith has been hurt the last two seasons) are gone Take Bryan Bragala or Mike Iupati. If their gone trade back once and try to get 2nd or 3rd round picks and then Try to trade with tampa for their 2 second rounders.
    The second round is where you can fill the holes they need. Its time to be very unSteeler like and wheel and deal for 2nd rounders 3rds if you have too. But I want 2nd rounders. So much Talent.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    We need a Center and a Nasty Guard.
    We have one of the nastiest guards in the whole league, literally. Kemo is a rising star and has actually been forced to go to anger management before. Which still makes me chuckle every time i think if that.

I would love to see us bring in a OT so we can bump Colon down to the other G. That would be a sick Guard tandem!

We just signed Hartwig long term, so i dont for see a center around unless one slips to us in a perfect spot. They still would have to compete with Doug L for the backup, and we all know the coaches have a woody for Dougie.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information