Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers still have a pulse...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Steelers still have a pulse...

Albeit it's a very very small one after the Jags lost to the Colts last night. It's still all going to come down to that Ravens and Bears game on Sunday in Baltimore and of course whether or not the Steelers can actually win a ****ing game and beat the Packers. If the Ravens do happen to lose to the Bears and from what Im hearing that game is suppose to have possibly 7-8 inches of snow in that game which definitely would even things out a lot in that game, and the Steelers know that result come 415 and then proceed to beat the Packers then the Steelers would be right back in the thick of this wildcard race.

One more thing here is you should also be rooting for the Miami Dolphins to win their next 2 games before they play the Steelers which are against the Titans and Texans. By Miami doing this they will knock out the Texans for the Steelers by giving them 8 losses,and also knock out the New York Jets as well for the Steelers seeing that they own the division tiebraker over them because they swept them. All the Steelers would have to do then is beat Miami on January 3rd if this all takes place and they will be the 6th seed in the AFC. I know it might sound crazy but if the Ravens lose and the Steelers win this Sunday they will have a ton of momentum going into that game here with the Ravens next Sunday and the Steelers odds of making the playoffs at 9-7 will increase tremendously...

Nice write up, but like you said we need to win out to even stand a chance...

I hope it happens for no other reason than I love to read your what if's TIB!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Clowns
    Here is another what if for next week if all this happens this weekend that can simplify things a lot going into next weekend. If the Ravens lose to the Bears and the Jets lose to the Falcons this weekend,and the Steelers beat the Packers and the Dolphins beat the Titans then all the Steelers would need to do the following week is of course beat the Ravens at home, have the Jags lose in New England which will probably happen, and finally have the Dolphins beat the Houston Texans in Miami. If this all occurs then it will all come down to that Steelers Miami game in Miami on January 3rd for the 6th and final seed...Hope that clears things up a bit and makes things more clearer on why I said you need to root for the Dolphins to beat the Titans and Texans before their game with the Steelers on January 3rd...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There is no one better than breaking down What if's than 43 I swear you are the eternal optimist man, I give you all the props in the world for that!

As far as what can happen, I could suddenly sprout wings and fly to the moon in a perfect world...so we'll see if our Steelers can suddenly sprout up the urge to actually win a game.

Crazy stuff has happened. I'd like a win first then we can talk "if's".

My Mood
    Clowns
    Crazy stuff sure has happened just look at the Arizona Cardinals a year ago they had a terrible month of December and got blown out by the Patriots by 40 points and turned it around and were one miraculous TD catch from Santanio Holmes from hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in February. A Steelers win this week and a Ravens loss will most definitely give them new life...

--- Added 12/18/2009 at 04:13 PM ---

Just saw on NFL.com that the Ravens have moved their game with the Bears to 4:15 because of the snowstorm moving into Baltimore this weekend for safety reasons. That's a real bummer because I was looking forward to watching the Bears and Ravens at 1 o clock before the Steelers game and now we wont be able too. Both games are on Fox as well so there is no way it will be on TV at 4 o clock during the Steelers game for anybody to keep an eye on...

My Mood
    Addicted
    i'll be at the steelers/ravens game next weekend..if i had to pick 1 game for us to win out of these last 3, it would be that one...just to ruin the ravens chances of a wildcard, and my buddy that's going w/ us is a ravens fan

Draft Pick
    I think back to the season a couple years ago .. when we had scenarios like this year .. and everything happened how it was supposed to .. EXCEPT the Steelers didnt do their job ... so ....

WIN WIN WIN!! Come on Steelers!! :-)

Kickoff between the Ravens and Chicago Bears has been officially moved to 4:15 p.m. Sunday afternoon in light of a heavy snowstorm that is headed for Baltimore.

The City of Baltimore originally recommended the move because of safety concerns, and the NFL approved the change on Friday.

Parking lots will open at 11 a.m. and doors to M&T Bank Stadium will open at 2:45 p.m.

The game was originally slated for a 1 p.m. start. This marks the first local 4:15 p.m. kickoff the Ravens have had this year.

Weather forecasts have varied on the amount of snow that is actually expected fall in Maryland, but the latest have called for something between 10 and 20 inches, starting between 11 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday.
    Looks like they moved the kickoff there is so much snow in Baltimore, so that does even up the Bears chances a little bit lol I'm more concerned about the Steelers winning a game then I am about Baltimore losing though.

Thread Information