Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 AFC North Teams Could Make the Playoffs

Bookmark and Share

3 AFC North Teams Could Make the Playoffs

A guy on the Baltimore Sun Ravens board just crunched the numbers. Basically said if the Ravens lose to the Steelers and then beat the Raiders and the Steelers win out this could happen. It would require the Broncos and a couple other teams to lose their last two games.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    This is what I've been screamin! Believe!!!!!

Of course, (sorry Joe), but it would be easier if we win out and KC beats the Ravens....not sure if either one of those will happen though...

Quote Originally Posted by ejsteeler View Post
    This is what I've been screamin! Believe!!!!!

Of course, (sorry Joe), but it would be easier if we win out and KC beats the Ravens....not sure if either one of those will happen though...
    I wish we were playing the Chiefs...unfortunately we have to travel to Oakland and play the Raiders. I'm seriously hoping Jamarcus is given the start that week.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    That's right, I don't know why I keep saying Chiefs...
    Anyway, in THIS SCENARIO, it is looking promising if we can win out. Jacksonville losing to NE is a must because I doubt the Clowns will beat them. Baltimore doesn't even have to lose any gam but ours next week and we are both in......

granted, allot can go wrong between now and then....

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFlaccoSaysHi View Post
    A guy on the Baltimore Sun Ravens board just crunched the numbers. Basically said if the Ravens lose to the Steelers and then beat the Raiders and the Steelers win out this could happen. It would require the Broncos and a couple other teams to lose their last two games.

Actually this scenario is not just possible but likely to happen. Here are the games the Steelers need this weekend.

Jax @ N.E.
    Den @ Phi
    NYJ @ Indy

We already beat Denver so tied records would give the Steelers the first tie-breaker (head-to-head). Houston plays at Miami, but even if Miami wins and is temporarily moved up into the 6th spot made possible by the above teams losing, the Steelers play Miami in two weeks where they can take that spot away from Miami. We also own the head-to-head with Tennessee. Simply put, if the above three teams lose once and we win out we are in!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Ravens vs Steelers will be a game to watch fan or not!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Actually this scenario is not just possible but likely to happen. Here are the games the Steelers need this weekend.

Jax @ N.E.
    Den @ Phi
    NYJ @ Indy

We already beat Denver so tied records would give the Steelers the first tie-breaker (head-to-head). Houston plays at Miami, but even if Miami wins and is temporarily moved up into the 6th spot made possible by the above teams losing, the Steelers play Miami in two weeks where they can take that spot away from Miami. We also own the head-to-head with Tennessee. Simply put, if the above three teams lose once and we win out we are in!
    Yeah...this is the popular prediction on the Baltimore Sun board. I'd love to see a rematch of last year's AFC Championship game. Prove to the rest of the league once again which division plays the best football. In my mind no way Jax beats N.E. or Denver beats Philly. I'm hoping that Indy is seriously trying for the undefeated season and they stomp the Jets. I doubt they would want their undefeated season ruined at home in front of their fans. They probably know by now that losing two games going into the playoffs is not a great way to plan it.

Put a fork in Denver, Jets, I personally could see Jax beating NE though...

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Those 3 games are in the Steelers favor, New England is 7-0 at home this season, Philly is the hottest team in the NFC right now and will be playing for a bye week and we all know Indy is still undefeated and didn't deactivate anybody for the game in Jacksonville so they definitely won't in front of there fans, they are going for 16-0 and they know they can beat the Jets & Bills, but we still have to do our part by beating a hot Ravens team and then potentially lay it all on the line in Miami.

Just a shame for 3 hours next week I will have to cheer the ****ing Patriots!
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 12-21-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Waterboy

PLAYOFFS?????

DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE ANSWERS REALLY TO WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN FOR THE STEELERS TO GET IN? THAT IS ASSUMING THEY WIN OUT - WHICH I REALLY THINK WILL HAPPEN. I CAN SEE PHILLY BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF DENVER FOR SURE

Thread Information