Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: This Defense is a total trainwreck, it's as simple as that!

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

    This Defense is a total trainwreck, it's as simple as that!

    How far the Steelers have fallen on defense, how much worse can it possibly get? You give up 383 yds threw the air today, you couldn't stop them when it counted, you can't tackle to save your lives, you can't cover worth a damn, you get inconsistent pressure at best, and generally just pretty much fail every time you're on the field.

    What more can you say, it's just a fail group and these 11 guys should be ashamed to call themselves a Pittsburgh Steelers defense. I've never seen a more talented, or so it would seem, group of players be so bad with so much on the line. Where's the pride, where's the determination, where's the will get the big play and save the day? On defense atleast, it's nowhere to be found.

  2. #2
    Veteran jpele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Yuengling Brewery
    Posts
    2,170
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    How far the Steelers have fallen on defense, how much worse can it possibly get? You give up 383 yds threw the air today, you couldn't stop them when it counted, you can't tackle to save your lives, you can't cover worth a damn, you get inconsistent pressure at best, and generally just pretty much fail every time you're on the field.

    What more can you say, it's just a fail group and these 11 guys should be ashamed to call themselves a Pittsburgh Steelers defense. I've never seen a more talented, or so it would seem, group of players be so bad with so much on the line. Where's the pride, where's the determination, where's the will get the big play and save the day? On defense atleast, it's nowhere to be found.
    It don't help that the head coach tries to give the game away.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

  3. #3
    Top 30 Troyisabeast_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,615
    My Mood
    Clowns
    WILLIAM GAY SHOULD BE CUT TONIGHT!!! He is absolutely atrocious!!! How many big pass plays does he have to give up before he is benched in favor of Deshea...

  4. #4
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im not sure who gave up more, was it Gay or Clark tonight?! Both of them are an epic disaster and neither one should be doing anything but kissing Ben's *** for getting the win tonight.

    It just amazes me to see a Steeler defense be this much of a failure, I still can't believe how many tackles they miss, how many pass defenses they fail at, how many INT's they drop, it's almost comical.

  5. #5
    Veteran DanRooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,124

    Enjoy the win but...

    I have been a Steelers fan for a good 17 years and I have never seen our D look this bad. It's beyond terrible. They can NOT make a play at all when they need to. If there is one thing consistent with the Steelers over the past 40 years, it's been our defense. Tomlin is just throwing it out the window. They all need to get their asses chewed out.

    Our secondary is the worst in the league. Gay is constantly falling on his *** and Tyrone is never in a position to make a tackle or a play on the ball all the meanwhile Clark is out there headhunting the entire game and is really doing nothing to help. It's hard to watch. One big play after another.

    Another thing to take note is the lack of sacks on the QB. The past handful of games we have not been getting to the quarterback fast enough. Rodgers is in front of one of the worst lines in the NFL and we had a whopping 1 sack on the guy. Harrison doesn't seem to be getting there quick enough anymore. Farrior is just wretched.

    I hate to say it, but I really hope LeBeau resigns after this year. Thank you for all you've done for the Steelers, and you are definitely deserving of the HOF, but you have lost a step since the SB. I don't want to believe Polamalu is the key to his success as a DC.

  6. #6
    Rookie Free Agent Azzurri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    27
    Why did the Steelers let Bryant McFadden get away in the offseason? He is head and shoulders above Ike Taylor and William Gay. There is no excuse for letting him get away if it was monetary reasons only.

  7. #7
    Veteran jpele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Yuengling Brewery
    Posts
    2,170
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    was it Gay or Clark tonight?! Both of them are an epic disaster and neither one should be doing anything but kissing Ben's *** for getting the win tonight.

    .
    Clark has an excuse, he's spiting the fans.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

  8. #8
    Veteran DanRooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Im not sure who gave up more, was it Gay or Clark tonight?! Both of them are an epic disaster and neither one should be doing anything but kissing Ben's *** for getting the win tonight.

    It just amazes me to see a Steeler defense be this much of a failure, I still can't believe how many tackles they miss, how many pass defenses they fail at, how many INT's they drop, it's almost comical.
    1. Tyrone
    2. Gay
    3. Clark

  9. #9
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,511
    Trust me, I know the D has played like **** BUT "statistically" they are a top 5 D...I think we were all extremely spoiled from last year and don't forget, this was a top 5 passing offense and a great QB with a great group if recievers...as long as they win, I dont care how ugly it was...

    Beautiful game....Game of the Year

  10. #10
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    48

    D Backs are not making plays

    Our D-Backs are what is really killing us. They are playing terrible. Gay should have been benched 6 weeks ago, Carter is taking horrible angles and always wants the big hit. He gets burnt for 25 yards and gets up trash talking! Ike can't catch and gets frequently turned inside out. I like Clark but he is out of position a lot. Burnett and Mundy haven't shown anything yet but they have to be better than William Gay. Gay isn't making any plays right now. He is still falling down all the time. None of our D-Backs seem to be able to catch. You get opportunities you have to make the easy catches at least!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LeBeau feeling good about this Defense!
    By Steel Trap86 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 12:25 PM
  2. Blitzburgh defense total domination!
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 10:56 AM
  3. Who has league's No. 1 defense?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 08:13 PM
  4. NFL team rankings in offense, defense, coaching and intangibles
    By SteelersWoman in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 02:01 PM
  5. For Steelers' defense, it's a matter of time.....
    By DIESELMAN in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •