Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Defense is a total trainwreck, it's as simple as that!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

This Defense is a total trainwreck, it's as simple as that!

How far the Steelers have fallen on defense, how much worse can it possibly get? You give up 383 yds threw the air today, you couldn't stop them when it counted, you can't tackle to save your lives, you can't cover worth a damn, you get inconsistent pressure at best, and generally just pretty much fail every time you're on the field.

What more can you say, it's just a fail group and these 11 guys should be ashamed to call themselves a Pittsburgh Steelers defense. I've never seen a more talented, or so it would seem, group of players be so bad with so much on the line. Where's the pride, where's the determination, where's the will get the big play and save the day? On defense atleast, it's nowhere to be found.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    How far the Steelers have fallen on defense, how much worse can it possibly get? You give up 383 yds threw the air today, you couldn't stop them when it counted, you can't tackle to save your lives, you can't cover worth a damn, you get inconsistent pressure at best, and generally just pretty much fail every time you're on the field.

What more can you say, it's just a fail group and these 11 guys should be ashamed to call themselves a Pittsburgh Steelers defense. I've never seen a more talented, or so it would seem, group of players be so bad with so much on the line. Where's the pride, where's the determination, where's the will get the big play and save the day? On defense atleast, it's nowhere to be found.
    It don't help that the head coach tries to give the game away.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Clowns
    WILLIAM GAY SHOULD BE CUT TONIGHT!!! He is absolutely atrocious!!! How many big pass plays does he have to give up before he is benched in favor of Deshea...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Im not sure who gave up more, was it Gay or Clark tonight?! Both of them are an epic disaster and neither one should be doing anything but kissing Ben's *** for getting the win tonight.

It just amazes me to see a Steeler defense be this much of a failure, I still can't believe how many tackles they miss, how many pass defenses they fail at, how many INT's they drop, it's almost comical.

Enjoy the win but...

I have been a Steelers fan for a good 17 years and I have never seen our D look this bad. It's beyond terrible. They can NOT make a play at all when they need to. If there is one thing consistent with the Steelers over the past 40 years, it's been our defense. Tomlin is just throwing it out the window. They all need to get their asses chewed out.

Our secondary is the worst in the league. Gay is constantly falling on his *** and Tyrone is never in a position to make a tackle or a play on the ball all the meanwhile Clark is out there headhunting the entire game and is really doing nothing to help. It's hard to watch. One big play after another.

Another thing to take note is the lack of sacks on the QB. The past handful of games we have not been getting to the quarterback fast enough. Rodgers is in front of one of the worst lines in the NFL and we had a whopping 1 sack on the guy. Harrison doesn't seem to be getting there quick enough anymore. Farrior is just wretched.

I hate to say it, but I really hope LeBeau resigns after this year. Thank you for all you've done for the Steelers, and you are definitely deserving of the HOF, but you have lost a step since the SB. I don't want to believe Polamalu is the key to his success as a DC.

Why did the Steelers let Bryant McFadden get away in the offseason? He is head and shoulders above Ike Taylor and William Gay. There is no excuse for letting him get away if it was monetary reasons only.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    was it Gay or Clark tonight?! Both of them are an epic disaster and neither one should be doing anything but kissing Ben's *** for getting the win tonight.

Clark has an excuse, he's spiting the fans.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Im not sure who gave up more, was it Gay or Clark tonight?! Both of them are an epic disaster and neither one should be doing anything but kissing Ben's *** for getting the win tonight.

It just amazes me to see a Steeler defense be this much of a failure, I still can't believe how many tackles they miss, how many pass defenses they fail at, how many INT's they drop, it's almost comical.
    1. Tyrone
    2. Gay
    3. Clark

Trust me, I know the D has played like **** BUT "statistically" they are a top 5 D...I think we were all extremely spoiled from last year and don't forget, this was a top 5 passing offense and a great QB with a great group if recievers...as long as they win, I dont care how ugly it was...

Beautiful game....Game of the Year

Rookie Free Agent

D Backs are not making plays

Our D-Backs are what is really killing us. They are playing terrible. Gay should have been benched 6 weeks ago, Carter is taking horrible angles and always wants the big hit. He gets burnt for 25 yards and gets up trash talking! Ike can't catch and gets frequently turned inside out. I like Clark but he is out of position a lot. Burnett and Mundy haven't shown anything yet but they have to be better than William Gay. Gay isn't making any plays right now. He is still falling down all the time. None of our D-Backs seem to be able to catch. You get opportunities you have to make the easy catches at least!

Thread Information