Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben, Thank your OL for the 503 yards...

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

Ben, Thank your OL for the 503 yards...

............... if it weren`t for all thier penalties, you wouldn`t have thrown for 503. They are the real heroes, there should be an asterick next to Bens name in the record book.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can see the sarcasm dripping off your post right about now Cleve...

Ben sets a franchise record, and has the highest yardage of any QB this season. Congrats to Ben, it's a great record to be had and we needed absolutely every single one of those yards to secure the win!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    All I have to say is a Steelers QB has thrown for 500 yards....How crazy is that?.....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I know right, who would have thought you'd see that?! When Maddox set the previous record we all thought that would never happen again..LOL. We sure as hell needed every bit of those 500+ yards because if he misses even more of those completely passes we don't get the win.

You never want to see a QB have to throw for 500 yds in a game, but if you're gonna do it you might as well come out of it with a win! We can debate the lack of a running game in a different thread but for now we can enjoy the fact that Ben willed this team a victory inspite of a failure defense and no running game.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I know right, who would have thought you'd see that?! When Maddox set the previous record we all thought that would never happen again..LOL. We sure as hell needed every bit of those 500+ yards because if he misses even more of those completely passes we don't get the win.

You never want to see a QB have to throw for 500 yds in a game, but if you're gonna do it you might as well come out of it with a win! We can debate the lack of a running game in a different thread but for now we can enjoy the fact that Ben willed this team a victory inspite of a failure defense and no running game.
    See I never scream for this team to run the ball more....You have to pass in the modern NFL and when you give a QB that has won two Super Bowls a ton of money then let him pass it at will.....Of course that means our franchise QB has to show up week in and week out but he is getting paid so let him wing that ball....Ben also had some drops by his WR's again today.......Really Ben hasn't cost us many games this year......I don't fault him for the losses against the Chiefs, Raiders, Bears, first Bengals game......He was flat out awful against in the second Bengals and Browns games....The defense also bailed him against the Vikings......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If we have to have throw for 500 yds every Sunday in order to win a game, then so be it at this point. We have nothing more to lose if you think about it. You want to have some balance and be able to run the ball, because you can't count on last minute heroics to bail you out every week but with this team, conventional thinking goes out the window. The defense let him down big time today, as did the running game, but Ben willed this team a win like we saw him do so much in 2008. A win is a win, there's no doubt, and I'll take it any day

Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    ............... if it weren`t for all thier penalties, you wouldn`t have thrown for 503. They are the real heroes, there should be an asterick next to Bens name in the record book.
    hahaha..I was watching it with my son and I said if they score a TD Ben will have 497 yards..we need a sack or penalty so Ben can get 500..

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    All I have to say is a Steelers QB has thrown for 500 yards....How crazy is that?.....lol
    It wasn't long ago that we thought 250 was a huge day!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    We only need 400+ when our defense cannot stop the other team, thankfully Ben is capable of such a feat

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Where's the 3 yds and a cloud of dust offense we all know and love

In all seriousness, you can't help but love Ben. He's not perfect, he does **** that drives you up a wall and makes you want to jump off a bridge, but then he does something like this and you remember how blessed we are to have him. Any Steeler fan who ever thinks we'd be better off with another QB should have his black n gold card revoked because we wouldn't have won today without him and we wouldn't have had the success we've had in previous years without him.

He still drives me up a wall, but man you gotta love the guy..

If you factor in the drops he had today too the guy might have been pushing 600 yds passing..but like the initial post said, you can thank the OL for so many holding calls to give Ben room to throw

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    WE had alot of stupid penalties. But our offense was fine today. Our defense however....another story.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information