Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Denver Broncos losing to Oakland today was huge!!!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

The Denver Broncos losing to Oakland today was huge!!!

In terms of the Steelers having a very realistic shot to still get in the playoffs if they win these games against the Ravens and Miami.The Broncos losing today to the Raiders was absolutely huge for the Steelers because it allows the Ravens to leap frog over Denver for the 5 seed where the Steelers wont get cancelled out in the division tiebrakers for the 6 seed with Denver who they beat and own the head to head tiebraker over. Now as I mentioned in the other thread here is what needs to happen next Sunday for the Steelers to control their destiny going into Miami January 3rd for the 6th and final playoff spot...The Steelers of course need to beat the Ravens which is obvious, the Jags need to lose to the Pats in New England,the Broncos need to lose to the Eagles in Philly,the Jets need to lose to the Colts in Indy,and the Dolphins need to beat the Texans in Miami. If all of this occurs which is very very probable the Steelers will control their own destiny for that 6th seed going into week 17 with Miami. All the teams the Steelers need to lose next week all play on the road and they all have very very tough games...

People can laugh at me all they want on here when I say all these scenarios like a few people like to do, but after what happened today this is why you never ever say there is not a chance to get in until it's absolutely completely official. The Steelers chances of getting in the playoffs as the 6 seed look incredibly better then they did last week this time...All of those teams the Steelers need to lose next week I believe will lose, The Steelers just need to take care of their business with the Ratbirds and they will once again control their own destiny for the 6th and final seed. Once again though the Broncos choking to the Oakland Raiders today was absolutely positively huge and is the main reason other then the Steelers winning in dramatic fashion as to why the Steelers wildcard chances have increased a great deal going into next week...Keep believing guys I know I will and hang in there with me!!!!

Who's laughing at you? I'll F'them up for you!

The Jags should lose to the Pats..The Eagles are playing very good and will beat the sinking Bronco's at home. The Jets packed it in and will lose to Indy, I'm not so sure that the Dolphins will beat Houston. What happens if Houston wins out and we beat the Dolphins?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    All you can ask for is a chance to make the dance at this point. None of us should be convinced that this team can win out because they've failed so much this year when they had everything lined up for them, but atleast now they've given themselves 1 more opportunity. With the way this year has gone, you have to be appreciative of that if nothing else.

If we win out and Troy comes back for the playoffs..... it could get crazy

Gold Standard
    My dream for this season is still beating the Bungels on their field in the first round of the playoffs. Wouldn't matter what happened after that, my season would be complete and anything after that........pure gravy!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Who's laughing at you? I'll F'them up for you!

The Jags should lose to the Pats..The Eagles are playing very good and will beat the sinking Bronco's at home. The Jets packed it in and will lose to Indy, I'm not so sure that the Dolphins will beat Houston. What happens if Houston wins out and we beat the Dolphins?
    Houston would get in but Houston has to play the Pats the last week of the season. Houston barely beat a bad Rams team today so I dont see them beating both the Dolphins and the Patriots they will lose at least one of those games so dont worry too much about Houston...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I never laugh at your work 43.....You always do quality stuff.....I just have to see this team turn in some quality performances before I think they're a play-off team.....I'll take the win today but still this team has to win out period....They can of course and really they shouldn't be in this position....That is what is so frustrating......

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    Would sure be a nice christmas present if we could get in the playoffs. As bad as we've played, I bet alot of teams would not be happy to see us in the playoffs.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Nice breakdown. Nobody can say they are not hyped for next Sundays game against the Ravens, even after losing 5, the Steelers still have a shot and they are the most dangerous 7-7 team in the AFC right now.

Miami Birthed Livin in Tampa Rep 305 All Day
    what a great turn of events raiders helped leave the door open for us. I have faith that all you said will happen except the fins beating houston im not so sure but other then that jets will lose to colts broncos to eagles and jax to the pats.

Yes we probally dont deserve to be in the playoffs the way we played last 5 weeks but of we get in I think we will make the most of it.

Another two notes one being that we had the ratbirds number eariler this year only dennis dixon made a mistake that if ben were playing wouldnt have happened.

2. You guys remember the superbowl we won b4 this one. Superbowl XL

well the bengals won our divsion that year too and we were last seed and turned that into superbowl number 5 so history can repeat itself

All I can say is im hyped for sunday

Thread Information