Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unhappy Clark Rips Overly Critical Steelers Fans

Bookmark and Share
    "You watch the [Philadelphia] Eagles, you watch the big plays. You watch things given up. And I started checking other media outlets. You don't hear the things about them in their media that you hear about us. So either we're held to a higher standard or the people that write about us are turds."

Read more: http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com...#ixzz0ZxAfRRNK

He said 'Turds'...

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I understand where he's coming from, but I've lost all respect for Clark after this. He treats fans as babies without pacifiers, as idiots with microphones, basically as if we mean nothing to the game. Without fans, this little game called football, well it wouldn't exist. Did Clark ever think that the reason why the Steelers are so highly criticized is because they are the DEFENDING world champions! Or maybe it's because they LOST to teams with a shittier roster than most Div II colleges.... Clark needs to check himself. Hate mail is one thing, but criticizing your entire fan base, well that's just f*ckn' stupid.

"he suggested he's no longer playing for all of them" (The fans) -- Well good, because if that's how he plays for us, I would rather see Bob Dole at safety.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly here. I am sure he received some mail from idiots and ignorant so called "fans" but by saying that you are not playing for the fans anymore he is putting himself on their level. Much like he is saying that they don't understand what goes in the preparation for the game etc. he is showing that he doesn't understand the fans. I was a professional athlete who probably spent more time preparing for my sporting events than Clark (but got paid much less ) and I feel insulted by his comments because he doesn't care about the fans who put bread on his table. Ryan, I hope that you have only 3 games left with the Steelers because you and Reed are done as far as the Steelers Nation is concerned.

Hey Ryan,

The goal is to stop them B4 they get into the endzone! Do this and we'll bitch less!
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 12-17-2009 at 09:08 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quite honestly, any fan with any common sense knows that the players don't live for the fans. They go out on the field and perform with the ultimate goal of winning a championship every year, regardless of who is watching. We're not idiots, we know players play for each other and for their families. Hell I don't go to work because I think that Ben Roethlisberger wants me too, I go to put food on the table and pay my bills and all that.

It is however, kind of an unwritten rule that you don't cross the fans, because we do support you with our money and our time, we show up every sunday to cheer you on at Heinz and every other stadium you visit. Steeler fans are unique in that we travel so well and the fan base is all over the world, so griping about fans to the media is not a smart move regardless of how you feel inside.

You can bet too that if Clark is here next year, he'll get a cold reception from a lot of fans in Latrobe unless he apologizes or atleast clarifies his statements to the media about us.

He shouldn't have said anything at all, but what did he really say that was so bad?
    He should be playing for his teammates, organization, and family before the fans. All players should. Perhaps some of you are being a little over sensitive.
    Last edited by igor0190; 12-17-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Pretty sure the standard response from this board to Clark is:

Go suck a bag of d1cks.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFlaccoSaysHi View Post

Go suck a bag of d1cks.
    You're catching on Joe! lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Fans will get upset, and many will blow it out of proportion. Clark wasn't thinking before he spoke, and when he sits down with Tomlin to talk about this or just has a second to reflect he'll realize he should have held his tongue. He's usually not like this but sooner or later the stress of a bad season gets to everyone.

Nobody is expecting him to say he plays for us every week, but saying that you "don't" play for us wasn't the right way to go about it. In this case saying less, would have been better. So yeah, uumm Ryan, how about you just not worry about the stupid letters you get from fans and worry about your play on the field.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-17-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    You're catching on Joe! lol
    I'd have an issue with some millionaire ball player criticizing me too. Most of these NFL players haven't been accountable for anything in their entire lives accept playing well for 60 minutes a week. They get a free pass through high school because they are all-americans. They get a free ride into and through college because they are in "The Program". They get away with speeding because the local cop doesn't want to give a ticket to one of their players. Then when someone finally wants to hold them accountable for the one thing that they've been responsible for all their lives...they complain and criticize the fans. I'm going to bet that Troy smacked this idiot in the head and told him to shut up.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFlaccoSaysHi View Post

Go suck a bag of d1cks.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Thread Information