Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top three picks for the Steelers Draft 2010

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent playboy pryor's Avatar

Top three picks for the Steelers Draft 2010

Steelers need to draft a FS, OT, SS, DT, FB, and a K. what should our 1st three picks be?

1.DT

2.FS

3.????? ( not sure )

Go to the War forum, that is where we discuss draft
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    OL...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

It all depends on who is there when they pick(unless they trade up)...can't reach for guys..

First of all you need to realize the Steelers would never enter the draft with a plan like that. It's not about filling certain positions in a certain order. They will draft the best available position that fits a need. That means each position you mentioned is in play in the 1st round, and then adjusted accordingly throughout the rest of the rounds. Maybe in the last two rounds they would limit themselves to a certain position, but not early on.

If you had a Cadillac Escalade and somebody offered you (for free) either another Caddillac Escalade or a Chevy Cobalt, would you take the Cobalt because you didn't "need" an Escalade? The draft is like this, it's about value and getting the best value each round.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    i agree 100%... i wish lots more people would realize this

Alot of times i think the word "mock draft" isnt the correct term... its more like "draft radar"
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    First of all you need to realize the Steelers would never enter the draft with a plan like that. It's not about filling certain positions in a certain order. They will draft the best available position that fits a need. That means each position you mentioned is in play in the 1st round, and then adjusted accordingly throughout the rest of the rounds. Maybe in the last two rounds they would limit themselves to a certain position, but not early on.

If you had a Cadillac Escalade and somebody offered you (for free) either another Caddillac Escalade or a Chevy Cobalt, would you take the Cobalt because you didn't "need" an Escalade? The draft is like this, it's about value and getting the best value each round.
    Very true, but we have seen Steelers move up and go for a quality player before, last time they did was Polamalu i believe? They wanted to do so this year too to get Oher (or at least thats what the rumors say). So if they feel like OL is their biggest need, they could be tempted to move up for one you'd think.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Very true, but we have seen Steelers move up and go for a quality player before, last time they did was Polamalu i believe? They wanted to do so this year too to get Oher (or at least thats what the rumors say). So if they feel like OL is their biggest need, they could be tempted to move up for one you'd think.
    The last time they did that was Holmes, but I dont see them moving up for anyone because of cap issues. I know there is no cap this next years, but that doesnt mean their will never be a cap again, the owners have said they will never sign a labor deal without a cap. In fact, I am guessing we are headed towards a lockout.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    If Pitt re-sign Hampton, then the need for a DT goes down, but they will need to groom a starter within the next 2-3 years. Still need starter FS or a good backup for Troy..

I say:

1) SS/CB

2) OL

3) DT
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    If Pitt re-sign Hampton, then the need for a DT goes down, but they will need to groom a starter within the next 2-3 years. Still need starter FS or a good backup for Troy..

I say:

1) SS/CB

2) OL

3) DT
    so if Rolando McClain is there you would rather reach for a second round CB/S?

You can't go into a draft like that and the steelers won't...it's beyond stupid

Thread Information