Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: Top three picks for the Steelers Draft 2010

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Rookie Free Agent playboy pryor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Memphis, Tn
    Posts
    54

    Top three picks for the Steelers Draft 2010

    Steelers need to draft a FS, OT, SS, DT, FB, and a K. what should our 1st three picks be?

    1.DT

    2.FS

    3.????? ( not sure )

  2. #2
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,036
    Go to the War forum, that is where we discuss draft
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  3. #3
    @CoachZach_ Zachintosh66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toledo, Oh
    Posts
    6,993
    My Mood
    Addicted

    My Social Networks

    Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    OL...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

    2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)


    [ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

  4. #4
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,135
    It all depends on who is there when they pick(unless they trade up)...can't reach for guys..

  5. #5
    2nd String darnik44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ellwood City, PA
    Posts
    565
    First of all you need to realize the Steelers would never enter the draft with a plan like that. It's not about filling certain positions in a certain order. They will draft the best available position that fits a need. That means each position you mentioned is in play in the 1st round, and then adjusted accordingly throughout the rest of the rounds. Maybe in the last two rounds they would limit themselves to a certain position, but not early on.

    If you had a Cadillac Escalade and somebody offered you (for free) either another Caddillac Escalade or a Chevy Cobalt, would you take the Cobalt because you didn't "need" an Escalade? The draft is like this, it's about value and getting the best value each round.

  6. #6
    @CoachZach_ Zachintosh66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toledo, Oh
    Posts
    6,993
    My Mood
    Addicted

    My Social Networks

    Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    i agree 100%... i wish lots more people would realize this

    Alot of times i think the word "mock draft" isnt the correct term... its more like "draft radar"
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

    2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)


    [ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

  7. #7
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,036
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    First of all you need to realize the Steelers would never enter the draft with a plan like that. It's not about filling certain positions in a certain order. They will draft the best available position that fits a need. That means each position you mentioned is in play in the 1st round, and then adjusted accordingly throughout the rest of the rounds. Maybe in the last two rounds they would limit themselves to a certain position, but not early on.

    If you had a Cadillac Escalade and somebody offered you (for free) either another Caddillac Escalade or a Chevy Cobalt, would you take the Cobalt because you didn't "need" an Escalade? The draft is like this, it's about value and getting the best value each round.
    Very true, but we have seen Steelers move up and go for a quality player before, last time they did was Polamalu i believe? They wanted to do so this year too to get Oher (or at least thats what the rumors say). So if they feel like OL is their biggest need, they could be tempted to move up for one you'd think.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  8. #8
    Starter cmerrifield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wilmore KY
    Posts
    1,658
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Very true, but we have seen Steelers move up and go for a quality player before, last time they did was Polamalu i believe? They wanted to do so this year too to get Oher (or at least thats what the rumors say). So if they feel like OL is their biggest need, they could be tempted to move up for one you'd think.
    The last time they did that was Holmes, but I dont see them moving up for anyone because of cap issues. I know there is no cap this next years, but that doesnt mean their will never be a cap again, the owners have said they will never sign a labor deal without a cap. In fact, I am guessing we are headed towards a lockout.

  9. #9
    Starter Callax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    IN Heart of Steeler Nation!!
    Posts
    1,277
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    If Pitt re-sign Hampton, then the need for a DT goes down, but they will need to groom a starter within the next 2-3 years. Still need starter FS or a good backup for Troy..

    I say:

    1) SS/CB

    2) OL

    3) DT
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!



    http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

    http://tironne.mybrute.com

  10. #10
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    If Pitt re-sign Hampton, then the need for a DT goes down, but they will need to groom a starter within the next 2-3 years. Still need starter FS or a good backup for Troy..

    I say:

    1) SS/CB

    2) OL

    3) DT
    so if Rolando McClain is there you would rather reach for a second round CB/S?

    You can't go into a draft like that and the steelers won't...it's beyond stupid

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers VS Titans Preview/Prediction
    By Phenomenal TJ in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 08:03 PM
  2. Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
    By StlersGuy in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 12:22 PM
  3. Trade possible as Steelers weigh draft options
    By SteelersWoman in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 03:24 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 09:17 PM
  5. Steelers Q & A: Scott Brown answers your questions
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •