Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers | The Offical Draft Eric Berry Petition

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Cool

Pittsburgh Steelers | The Offical Draft Eric Berry Petition

As you may or may not know, a good friend of mine has turned me onto the wonders of the University Of Tennessee strong safety. In the short time that I've been following Eric Berry personally I've loved every second of what I've seen. ...
    http://fanhuddle.com/pittsburghsteel...erry-petition/

There is no player that I've wanted more than Eric Berry...of course at the early parts of the season I thought there was no way we would land him...it looks like the rams/bucs will have the first pick and they both won't go safety...the rams need QB really bad and the bucs need DL help...so I see The rams taking Jake Locker or Jimmy Clausen, and the bucs taking Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy...Now the browns should be next and they quite possibly could take Eric Berry but they also need D line help and if Ndamukong Suh falls to them, they should take him...the lions will probably be next and they need serious OT help so I see them taking Russell Okung and not Eric Berry mostly becasue they drafted a safety in the second round last year...so seeing as how we will have a top 12(or so) pick, I don't think it is out of the question to trade up to maybe the 4th spot, if he falls past Cleveland, to snag him...move him to free safety and he would instatly upgrade our secondary...he has been one of my favorite players coming out and I think there is a real possibility that if he falls out of the top 3, they could trade up for him.
    Last edited by Big T; 12-14-2009 at 02:36 AM.

My Mood
    Cool
    We can only hope. It's not as far fetched as it was at the beginning of the year by any means. I know for a fact that No Gravity wants him as well.

There's literally no end to what Berry would be able to do for us either. He can play either safety spot, either corner spot plus return kicks when needed. Hopefully we get the chance and are able to pull the trigger on him.

My Mood
    Addicted
    yes, this would be awesome if we could land berry

Im guessing he would fill in for Clark? That means him and Troy could play for 5-6 years? Im salivating just thinking of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    Im guessing he would fill in for Clark? That means him and Troy could play for 5-6 years? Im salivating just thinking of this.
    If we don't resign him I certainly hopes he will fill the FS spot. If not, I could see Barry in the nickel right out of the draft or even rotating in on specific downs with Clark (if we do resign him)-- at this point, I take back my unrelenting support for Clark, he has hurt us in both coverage, and tackling.

My Mood
    Cool
    Remember what happened last time that we traded up to select a safety? :yes:

Thread Information