Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe just maybe!!!!!!

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent playboy pryor's Avatar

Maybe just maybe!!!!!!

Is the season really over for us? somebody explain to me how we can sneak into the playoffs?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Not gonna happen. I had more faith in them then they probably did, but they're done. 9-7 won't cut it his year.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    9-7 HA ! We just lost 5 straight, four of which they were to the worst of the worst. We are now in the same sentence as the worst teams in the league, we were beaten by KC, Oak, and Cleve. We don`t deserve the tidy bowl right now!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    9-7 HA ! We just lost 5 straight, four of which they were to the worst of the worst. We are now in the same sentence as the worst teams in the league, we were beaten by KC, Oak, and Cleve. We don`t deserve the tidy bowl right now!
    If Dixon is our #2 he needs to play some games now and get some experience under his belt so he is ready when needed next year at #2... not sitting on a bench for 2 years and then thrown to the ravens.

But again our offensive coach is missing some screws...

So that wont happen...

My Mood
    Chatty
    To be honest would you seriously want to just "sneak" into playoffs and then play like they've been playing the last 5 wks????? NOT me!! I'd rather just win games the rest of the remaining weeks for pride if possible and be done for the year....We just aren't a playoff caliber year this year and that's ok. We did just win the Superbowl this year, we are still the champs until 2010!!!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Why in the world would you want must less expect this lousy team to make it? No way man, move on, your life will be better.

Draft day should be exciting!

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy pryor View Post
    Is the season really over for us? somebody explain to me how we can sneak into the playoffs?
    I dont want too have to do this since it's a waste of time after the loss to the Browns but since you asked I will anyway. The Steelers would get in if they obviously win out, and the following happens. They need the Jags,Ravens,and Jets to all finish 8-8. Miami doesnt factor into the equation because even if the Steelers would win out which wont happen and the Dolphins win their next 3 games they would still only be only one game ahead of the Steelers going into that last game with the Steelers. And if the Steelers beat them they both would finish 9-7 and they would then win the head to head tiebraker. The Steelers essentially though need the Jags to lose their next 3 of their last 4 games against Miami,Indy,New England,and the Browns. They need the Ravens to lose at least one more game that doesnt include us beating them on December 27th. They have the Lions,Bears,and Raiders left. And the Jets would have to lose 2 of their final 4 games they have left with Tampa,Atlanta,Indy,and Cincy. If all of that happens the Steelers will make the playoffs. Hope that clears things up...

they are all but mathematically eliminated now

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they are all but mathematically eliminated now
    A loss to the Packers next week will officially eliminate them for good Im almost certain...

I can see the Jags losing 3 of their final 4 games and I most assuredly think they'll drop 2. They play Miami, Indy, New England, and Cleveland. Winning 2 puts them at 9-7.

The Dolphins have Jax, Tenn, Houston, and Pittsburgh. In my opinion they win 2 of those.

The Jets have Tampa, Atlanta, Indy, and Cincy left. No way those guys win more than 2 games. They're out at 8-8.

The Ravens have Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Oakland. Looking like they may win 2 more games. 8-8 won't get it.

The Broncos have Indy, Oakland, Philly, and KC. They will probably win 2 more games and they're in the playoffs.

There are 2 5-7 teams (Houston and Tenn)...shouldn't be an issue.

So to state the obvious, Pittsburgh needs to win out. By doing that they will eliminate the Ravens and the Dolphins. It helps if Miami takes out Jax before the Steelers beat them.

Thread Information