Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see?

Bookmark and Share
    OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL

What do you want to see?

I've been thinking and I myself have not answered this question, 'What do you want to see done during the rest of the season".

Do you want Tomlin to play the young players to evaluate where they are in preperation for next season?
    Should Ziggy, our two rookie corners, Fox instead of Farrior, Mundy instead of Clark or Carter and maybe even call up Harris from the PS to dress and give all of them the majority of the reps in real game sinerios?
    Should Sweed play more? How about Urbik?

Should we "Play fo pride" and try to win out with all the starters?

I'm leaning towards evaluating the young guys. I'm not saying play for a lower draft pick and tanking the season but we need to know which young player will step up and contribute in the future. This option will also give a better look at position needed through the draft and FA.

What are your thoughts?

(Man it really sucks that we are in a situation to have to discuss this sort of topic)

Thanks to Zachintosh66 for my awesome website banner!!
    steelersal.com

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal View Post
    I've been thinking and I myself have not answered this question, 'What do you want to see done during the rest of the season".

Do you want Tomlin to play the young players to evaluate where they are in preperation for next season?
    Should Ziggy, our two rookie corners, Fox instead of Farrior, Mundy instead of Clark or Carter and maybe even call up Harris from the PS to dress and give all of them the majority of the reps in real game sinerios?
    Should Sweed play more? How about Urbik?

Should we "Play fo pride" and try to win out with all the starters?

I'm leaning towards evaluating the young guys. I'm not saying play for a lower draft pick and tanking the season but we need to know which young player will step up and contribute in the future. This option will also give a better look at position needed through the draft and FA.

What are your thoughts?

(Man it really sucks that we are in a situation to have to discuss this sort of topic)

Fire Bruce!!!

Then play the final games like the preseason.. Let the young guys get the field time..

Lose the rest and move up a few notches for the draft.

Ziggy is poopy! Sorry he needs more time!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent H3INZFI3LDST33L's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Fire Bruce!!!

Then play the final games like the preseason.. Let the young guys get the field time..

Lose the rest and move up a few notches for the draft.
    I agree, I even called in to a couple sports call shows after the Superbowl and complained about Arians shenanigans almost lost the Superbowl for them. Mark Madden went on a 10 minute rant about how "stupid" my call was.

Bruce must go. Weis is unemployed....I would interim Weis for the rest of the year as OC.

Quote Originally Posted by H3INZFI3LDST33L View Post
    I agree, I even called in to a couple sports call shows after the Superbowl and complained about Arians shenanigans almost lost the Superbowl for them. Mark Madden went on a 10 minute rant about how "stupid" my call was.

Bruce must go. Weis is unemployed....I would interim Weis for the rest of the year as OC.

That would never happen. They arent going to fire anyone now. IF anything happens it will be in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    That would never happen. They arent going to fire anyone now. IF anything happens it will be in the offseason.
    Why not!! There are a few coaches on this team with a lot of brown splats on their faces.... they need to go... say like the OC & STC

We dont need them anymore...

They finished us off this year, so release them.

Rookie Free Agent playboy pryor's Avatar
    i like to see Burnett & Lewis get more playing time. give Ziggy more playing time. Maybe let Ken Anderson (QB coach ) do some playcalling!!! i think Fox can me a good player for us. let him rotate with Farrior more. Sweed should play more series too!!!, maybe he can show why we drafted him in the 2nd round

They aren't gonna give up on the season(though some would argue they already have) because mathematically, they can still make the playoffs...now we all know it won't happen but they are still gonna play for the playoffs

Play spoiler, go 3-0 and knock the Ravens and Dolphins out of the playoffs, and kick the snot out of Green Bay.

i just want to reiterate how right i was when it came to every single draft pick they made last year.

Hood is awful
    Urbik is beyond awful...he was beaten out by 2 undrafted FAs for a backup spot
    Wallace was the only pick worth a damn, i said he and maybe lewis would be contibutors (only if lewis moves to FS)
    Shipley is terrible
    Summers is out of football probably forever
    i liked burnett as a returner....apparently the coaches do not
    and i never heard of david johnson.

Meanwhile....

Maualuga is amazing
    Gilbert is so much better than hood
    SLH is the only dominate player on the lions defense
    DJ moore is better than both CBs we drafted and i dont think hes even seen the field, im just that confident
    Macho Harris has started for the eagles since day one at FS

i mean it hurts to be this right since ive had to watch the steelers fall apart this season....but it hurts so good
    Last edited by K Train; 12-11-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Thread Information