Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hire Mel Blount or Rod Woodson for Secondary

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Hire Mel Blount or Rod Woodson for Secondary

We have two of the alltime great D-Backs. Hire Blount or Woodson to work with our secondary. They both know you have to see the ball to intercept and if the potential isn't there they can groom the younger guys. We got too many D-Backs that can't catch.

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by weidnerr View Post
    We have two of the alltime great D-Backs. Hire Blount or Woodson to work with our secondary. They both know you have to see the ball to intercept and if the potential isn't there they can groom the younger guys. We got too many D-Backs that can't catch.
    That's why they have a DB by their name and not WR. It's not a necessity for a DB, it's definitly a bonus. I agree they should catch the ball but if they can get their hands on it then they are doing their job.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Love
    That's why the vets usually start and the rooks sit back and watch and learn. Do they really do that? Or do they just want to play. Don't forget to bring in Mean joe greene and Jack Ham. Hell, just bring in the original Steel Curtain. We got the rest of the regular season and the entire off season to get it together.

Get Sweed out there!

Rookie Free Agent playboy pryor's Avatar
    maybe that would help if Blount or Woodson came to help out!! i believe its our playcalling on defense thats hurting us! we have to put some pressure on the QB. our defense made Gradkowski look like Elway! why we can't put pressure on him like the Cheifs did Big Ben in the 4th quater. (the last drive of the game)

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Get Sweed out there!
    This! Make Sweed play DB - He get his hands on the ball all the time, just seems to drop it, but even that is an upgrade over our DBs right now - they don't even get their hands on the ball ^^
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My wife can bake some damn good cookies using the proper ingredients but when she adds in dog **** they taste like dog ****! Point being, we don’t have the proper ingredients to make a good secondary so all the hall a fame X players will not help!

My Mood
    Addicted
    i wouldn't mind seeing sweed as a DB...just to see what happens

our season is all but done, try tyrone carter at PR/KR...just for shits and giggles

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy pryor View Post
    maybe that would help if Blount or Woodson came to help out!! i believe its our playcalling on defense thats hurting us! we have to put some pressure on the QB. our defense made Gradkowski look like Elway! why we can't put pressure on him like the Cheifs did Big Ben in the 4th quater. (the last drive of the game)

It's not the play calling on defense, Lebeau is calling the same crazy 34 blitzes he always has, but the players are not executing. Just watch Harrison and Wood, they aren't getting the consistent pressure we're used to seeing them get. The fire x blitzes they run with them middle linebackers aren't working either because both Timmons and Farrior are either getting caught up in a log jam of offensive line blocking, or they are just flat out missing the tackle because they get through but over pursue the play.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Woodson/Blount although being good in their time doesn't necessarily equate to being a good coach. Don't hear of too many people beating down Montana's door to be a QB coach, Sanders for a RB coach.. etc etc. They don't need coaching.. they need skills. Ike has none and Gay has even less than that. Carter may as well just park a lawn chair on the 50 and watch people run by him.

Thread Information