Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers Offense needs to pick up the slack

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    lol , . . . . are you subin for Ben this week then?

How's you peck pocket?

I'd go airborne if I were you, ala Walter Payton, Hartwig can't push a pram!!
    Nope good ole fashion fall forward and push like hell with my feet! Nothing fancy, this is the new BA Steelers "slap" mouth football baby!

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Nope good ole fashion fall forward and push like hell with my feet! Nothing fancy, this is the new BA Steelers "slap" mouth football baby!
    Bob on, . . . I don't think I've ever felt so positive about a game all season!

I'm off down the bookies ta lay a tenner!

Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    Bob on, . . . I don't think I've ever felt so positive about a game all season!

I'm off down the bookies ta lay a tenner!
    Stay away this game! Could go either way!!

My Mood
    Chatty
    IMO doesn't really matter if the Steelers score 100 points..if our defense doesn't stop other teams from scoring ,what's the use???

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

The offense, dare I say, has been more consistent than the defense this season. Last week, they put up 24 points at home, which in most cases, buys a win. Yes, the offense sputtered a few times with the 4th and inches stop and settling for a FG coming off Logan's opening return. Sometimes you have to credit a defense for making a stand and sometimes you have to point a finger at the formations / play calling - which is the case this time around.

Does Ben have free-ability to change the play? I can't believe they would limit his ability to audible, but some of these play calls from the bench don't make sense. For example, when the Steelers line up double tight, 2 backs, when was the last time they attepmted a play action pass from this formation? If you go 5-wide, it's a pass - especially with Ben coming off a head unjury, there won't be a QB draw. However if you go 4 wide with a RB in the backfield, they can pass or run, which means the defense has to respect both threats and play more balanced.

Unless they shake things up, you're not going to trick anyone with these obvious formations - especially when you factor in down and distance.

I could go on, but why bother?

Would any one oppose lining up Casey Hampton as a fullback and giving it to him on 4 & 1? Just a thought. Also, in the beginning of the year Legursky went in at FB and plowed a hole for Mendenhall. I loved that formation. I havent seen it since. I wonder why?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    Also, in the beginning of the year Legursky went in at FB and plowed a hole for Mendenhall. I loved that formation. I havent seen it since. I wonder why?
    Ive been wondering the same thing for weeks...But i guess its what to expect from BA, if it works, we will never see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    Would any one oppose lining up Casey Hampton as a fullback and giving it to him on 4 & 1? Just a thought. Also, in the beginning of the year Legursky went in at FB and plowed a hole for Mendenhall. I loved that formation. I havent seen it since. I wonder why?
    Because man, teams already seen that, no way in hell can he trust it again! Same with the big TD run for Dixon that night, why not try it again in OT on 3rd down??? Because our OC is as dumb as a box of rocks!!
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 12-08-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Because man, teams already seen that, no way in hell can he trust it again! Same with the big TD run for Dixon that night, why not try it again in OT on 4th down??? Becasue our OC is as dumb as a box of rocks!!

OK, line up in it, run play action dive into the line and look for Miller, Spaeth or Johnson in the endzone (whichever of the 3 is out in a pattern). And if there ain't nothing there, throw it to the guy in the front row.

We have too many weapons to go up and down the field and not score. I mean mendenhall got 60 on 1 play and he can't get 5 in 3? We have ****** playcalling and the O just won't take the game. Again if our offense take advantage when we're in the redzone those plays in the fourth won't matter. Of course our D is worst than last year no Troy, Smith, Foote. This D still keeps the game in check until late, but without our closer you can't leave it in their hands week after week. Just like that 75 yard touchown late , had we gotten those points early it would never have happened. We all know Carter is a linebacker in a safeties body, he can hit hard and that's it. The game was so close there still was a threat of run and he bit hard and Murphy ran right where he was supposed to be. Had we scored on the chances we got the playcalling would be totally different and Carter wouldn't be in that position.Bens gotta step up and will these guys in the endzone knowing the D is hurt right now. It's time for this offense to pay the D back for riding their backs all last year.
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 12-08-2009 at 08:15 PM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Thread Information